Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are looking for a Buyer/Inventory Specialist to help develop and manage the purchasing and inventory control operations of production. You will assist with documenting and vetting processes and integrating best practices into our ERP implementation - all from a clean slate. You are very “hands-on,” and want a position with strong growth potential.
- Order and issue materials, supplies, and equipment for production activities
- Coordinate and expedite purchases
- Utilize the inventory system to properly account for issues, returns, receipts of new materials and associated back orders
- Manage and control material inventory
- Work with vendors on order discrepancies, damaged items, returns, and backorder items
- Organize and maintain warehouse and inventory areas for efficient material storage, handling, and accuracy
- Receive delivered supplies, materials, and equipment; confirm that delivered goods match purchase order specifications and distribute materials to proper location
- Assist in the development and documentation of processes and procedures for purchasing, inventory management, and material scheduling
- Assist with implementing and integrating an ERP/MRP system
- At least three years of procurement and inventory management experience
- Previous experience with ERP systems
- Working knowledge of inventory control and purchasing practices
- Ability to work with suppliers to handle buyer responsibilities such as requests for quote, order acknowledgement, open order status, delivery tracking and order expediting
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Degree or Certification in logistics and supply chain, or any other related field preferred
- Experience with Google Docs/Sheets
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.