Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of elite engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are looking for an experienced controller to lead our small accounting department. You will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and organization Kitty Hawk’s financial operations, financial reporting and budgeting.
The accuracy of your work is your strongest attribute. You thrive in a busy and energetic open office environment. While keeping tight controls on the company’s financial operations, you are flexible and reasonable, and approach interactions with the company’s employees with a customer service mindset.
- Management of three to five accounting personnel
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Preparation of regulatory reporting, and coordinate with auditors
- Ensure that accounts payable and receivable are processed on-time
- Maintain system of controls over all accounting transactions
- Prepare and review journal entries, monthly accruals, related reports and account reconciliations
- Run monthly and year-end close, and issue timely and complete financial statements
- Manage the annual budget and forecasts
- Evaluate financial performance and reports results to management
- Review proposed corporate plans and programs and provide financial forecasts and recommendations to management
- Ensure the 401(k) retirement plans are administered in compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- At least seven years of accounting or financial management experience
- At least seven years of general ledger, month-end close, and reconciliation experience
- Ability to write organized and accurate reports and other documents
- Ability to effectively present clear information to management
- Excellent Excel skills
- Highly-organized with great attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills combined with good business judgment
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills
- CPA or CMA certification
- Experience with Mac OS X
- Experience with Coupa, Netsuite and Bill.com
- Experience with SAP Business One
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter when applying.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.