Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of elite engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are seeking an IT Manager with substantial experience in leading and growing IT teams. The successful applicant will be responsible for IT personnel management as well as direct engagement with other team leads and stakeholders. Managerial skills and technical understanding are equally necessary for the candidate to join a small and growing IT team that holds agility and efficiency in high regard.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for meeting customers, understanding their needs, and delivering value quickly.
- Minimum of five years experience leading IT teams of various sizes
- Strong understanding of Mac OS X, Linux, and/or Windows in a corporate environment
- History of identifying and implementing technologies that improve the day-to-day computing experience of employees
- Ability to exercise good judgement, to independently assess risk, and to make critical decisions
- Experience coordinating projects and setting priorities with multiple engineering departments
- Understanding of IT security and data governance
- Ability to move quickly in a fast-paced startup setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Experience negotiating pricing and terms with vendors
- Scripting capabilities (BASH and otherwise)
- Automation experience (munki & puppet or similar tools)
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Active Directory
- A healthy sense of adventure
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter when applying.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.