Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking a technician with experience assembling, integrating, and testing electrical, electronic, and avionics systems. You have extensive PCB soldering experience, and will work on components such as flight computers, control systems, PCBs, power electronics, DC/DC converters, >100kW inverters, wire harnesses, test fixtures, analog electronics boards, etc. Additionally, you must be able to build, install, troubleshoot, and maintain electrical assemblies using industry standard methods, while maintaining records and logs.
- Strong PCB soldering, cable assembly, and mechanical assembly skills
- Strong rework experience in micro-soldering and desoldering small SMT component packages such as QFP, QFN, small SMT Resistors and Capacitors such as 0603, 0402 etc.
- Five or more years experience as a technician assembling electromechanical mechanisms and/or power electronic assemblies
- Working knowledge of basic electronics
- Must be able to work from procedures and drawings with minimal guidance
- Understanding and use of basic electronics tools (Oscilloscope, DMM, crimpers, basic shop equipment, etc)
- Strong background in troubleshooting and repair of wiring and systems
- Able to select and manage parts from a BOM, assemble boards and test
- Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications
- IPC-A-610 certification
- J-STD-001 certification
- Electronics Associate degree, military training or above
- Experience with electromechanical systems and sensors (servos, motors, shaft encoders)
- Experience with Altium Designer or equivalent schematic/drawing tools
- Avionics experience
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.