Software Test Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking software test engineers with embedded software testing experience to join our software and avionics group. You will be responsible for working with electrical engineers and software engineers to design and develop hardware-in-the-loop test environments for flight hardware. The day-to-day responsibilities include analyzing requirements, developing software models that accurately emulate flight system inputs/outputs, developing verification plans, designing test cases, and writing test scripts.
- 3 or more years of applicable experience
- Developed C/C++ code or tests for embedded systems
- Significant experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Familiarity with electronics lab equipment (oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with Git version control system
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to analyze, understand and test requirements
- Scripting experience, preferably python
- Experience in the aviation industry
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Familiarity with requirements based development
- Experience with code coverage tools and decision coverage tools
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.