Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking a a battery engineer to join our small team designing advanced battery systems for electric powered aircraft. You would design and execute experiments to characterize cells, develop cell models, and develop cell manufacturing lines with cutting edge technologies. You would also manage collaborations with international cell manufacturing partners.
- BS/MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrochemical Engineering, or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work or research experience
- Direct experience in cell design and material development
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- 10% travel to international manufacturing facilities expected
- Experience in battery cell R&D
- Experience with high volume cell manufacturing processes and equipment
- Extensive work experience and knowledge of lithium ion battery chemistries
- Experience in vendor management
- Experience in quality control, including demonstrated ability to problem solve cell issues
- Demonstrated application of analysis, design, and testing to solve complex engineering problems
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of current state of the art cell production equipment
- Proficient in MATLAB or equivalent scientific computing language
- Experience with numerical methods and optimization
- Experience coding with Python
- Data acquisition and analysis experience
- Pilot training or an interest in aviation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.