Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to work with our Finance Team in an increasingly busy and exciting R&D atmosphere.
- Reviewing, matching and processing invoices
- Working with vendors and employees to resolve discrepancies
- Reviewing, processing and reconciling employee and company credit card expense reports
- Processing year-end 1099s
- Preparing journals and reconciling accounts for:
- ---Prepaid amortizations and schedules
- ---Inter-company transactions
- ---Fixed assets
- ---Accounts payable
- ---Revenue, COGS and accounts receivable
- Preparing journal entries, month end accruals, and assisting with month-end closing
- Successful candidate will be a flexible self-starter with the ability to work independently, manage deadlines, anticipate problems, and develop solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in accounts payable and general accounting
- Excellent spreadsheet (Excel, Google Sheets) skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to manage confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detailed and accurate
- Experience using Coupa, Netsuite, Paycom
- Previous experience working in a start-up atmosphere
- Interest in aviation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.