Systems Test Technician
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of world-class engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are seeking a Systems Test Technician to join our System Test Group. We design, analyze, manufacture and test avionics, electric motors, power electronics, batteries and other subsystems for unconventional aircraft. Working within a team of engineers and technicians, you will execute tests by following test procedures, collect data, and document results. These tests include both acceptance testing of flight hardware, as well as qualification testing to validate new designs.
- Minimum four years of experience in testing
- Great attention to detail
- Experience following test procedures for electronics and electromechanical systems
- Thinks critically about each test step and the consequence on the article being tested
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience operating data acquisition systems for data collection of thermocouples, accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure sensors, load cells, LVDT, etc.
- Familiarity with aerospace testing standards like RTCA DO-160
- Demonstrated interest in aircraft and aviation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.