Software Engineer, Real-time Test Framework Architect
Mountain View, CA
Zee Aero, a division of Kitty Hawk, is developing revolutionary aircraft concepts, working at the intersection of aerodynamics, advanced manufacturing, and electric propulsion. We are actively building a team of extraordinary engineers who have experience in fields ranging from power electronics to aerodynamics.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer, Real-time Test Framework Architect to join our software and avionics group, which builds our core fly-by-wire-systems. You will help build the world’s best, and most highly-automated software development environment. You will enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
- Architect and implement the core C++ application used to perform hardware-in-the-loop testing of flight critical software.
- Work closely with the development team to gather requirements and build a tool that can support hundreds of hours of real-time hardware-in-the-loop tests each week
- Develop tested, high quality and reliable software
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in C and C++11 or later
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with real-time Linux and writing performance code
- Experience with highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.)
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Data serialization formats such as protobuf
- Experience automating data analysis and data visualization in Matlab or Python
- Asynchronous programming (coroutines, Python's asyncio/gevent)
- Embedded software and hardware, reading schematics, debugging with logic analyzer and/or oscilloscope.
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including company equity, medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, company equity, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer many perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.