Project & Investment Manager Zeitgold & Discovery Ventures (m/f/d)
Business Development /
In this position, you work both on operational and strategic projects at Zeitgold as well as on developing and managing the portfolio at the Micro VC fund Discovery Ventures, set up by Jan Deepen and Stefan Jeschonnek.
Zeitgold enables entrepreneurs to focus on what they are truly passionate about - their products and customers - and frees them from paperwork. By combining artificial intelligence and experts, we offer an end-to-end solution for managing the financials of cafés, restaurants, craftsmen, and agencies. Zeitgold empowers the owners to get bookkeeping, payroll, invoice payment, collections and coordination with the tax advisor done in less than 10 minutes per day on their smartphones, saving around 10 hours per week and creating clarity of mind.
Zeitgold was founded in 2015 and is based in Berlin and Tel Aviv. Co-founders Stefan Jeschonnek (MBA, Stanford) and Jan Deepen (PhD, WHU) previously co-founded fintech company SumUp. Stefan and Jan teamed up with Kobi Eldar (8200 alum), who led a cybersecurity unit in the Israeli Defense Forces and had leading roles in several Israeli tech companies.
With their Micro VC fund Discovery Ventures, co-founders Stefan Jeschonnek and Jan Deepen invest in tech startups with a focus on Germany, Europe overall, the U.S.A, and Israel. Investment stage focus is on pre-seed and seed investments. Stefan and Jan work closely with exceptional founders and help them to find product/market fit, share their experiences as serial entrepreneurs and open their network of possible supporters. Notable investments include Caroobi, Comtravo, Flaschenpost, i2x, Zenjob, Vermietet, Verbit, ELSA, and ORDA.
- You receive the perfect education for becoming an entrepreneur or startup manager: spending 50% of your time on operational and strategic projects at Zeitgold and 50% on screening investment opportunities as well as managing the portfolio at Discovery Ventures
- You independently drive operational and strategic projects at Zeitgold, improving our customer, product and employee experience from idea stage to execution
- You facilitate fundraising efforts and communication to investors and other relevant stakeholders by creating presentations and reports
- You screen relevant media and networks for attractive investment opportunities for Discovery Ventures
- You perform market and data analyses as well as build financial models to evaluate investment hypotheses for potential portfolio companies and investment areas
- You support in on-going portfolio management, business plan analyses and investment decisions
- You proactively manage administrative fund and start-up activities and coordinate company logistics
- You have graduated from a top university or business school with excellent results, majoring in Business Administration, Engineering or a similar degree
- You have gained first relevant work experience in business development or investment analysis in a start-up, venture capital, banking or consulting environment
- You have a keen interest to learn about startups, technology, portfolio management and investor relations
- You think like an entrepreneur and love to roll-up your sleeves
- You can juggle several tasks at once without losing oversight and work independently with a structured and pragmatic approach
- You have a data-driven mindset and excellent analytical skills that help you in in-depth investigations and research
- You possess excellent Microsoft Office and G-Suite skills (especially Excel modelling and storytelling through Powerpoint)
- You are fluent in German and English
What we offer
- A position that prepares you for your own entrepreneurial endeavors or management roles in startups and VCs
- Close collaboration with and coaching from our founders, successful serial entrepreneurs with a large network into the start-up scene
- The unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies as well as the fast growing, established startup Zeitgold
- A high level of trust and autonomy combined with a feedback-seeking culture that fuels personal growth
- A super transparent information policy with flat hierarchies
- A great, international team of people passionate about technology and small businesses and vast network of investors and entrepreneurs in Europe’s startup scene
- Amazing offices in Berlin Mitte and Tel Aviv with healthy food and drinks provided—weekly Ping Pong tournament included