UX Designer & Researcher (m/f/d)
Product & Design
Zeitgold enables entrepreneurs to focus on what they are truly passionate about - their products and customers - and frees them from paperwork. By combining artificial intelligence and experts, we offer an end-to-end solution for managing the financials of cafés, restaurants, craftsmen, and agencies. Zeitgold empowers the owners to get bookkeeping, payroll, invoice payment, collections and coordination with their tax advisor done in less than 10 minutes per day on their smartphones, saving around 10 hours per week and creating clarity of mind.
Zeitgold was founded in 2015 and is based in Berlin and Tel Aviv. Co-founders Stefan Jeschonnek (MBA, Stanford) and Jan Deepen (PhD, WHU) previously co-founded fintech company SumUp. Stefan and Jan teamed up with Kobi Eldar (8200 alum), who led a cybersecurity unit in the Israeli Defense Forces and had leading roles in several Israeli tech companies.
We are backed by Battery Ventures (investor also in GoEuro and N26), Holtzbrinck Ventures (investor also in Zalando, Flixbus and SumUp) and a number of well-known business angels from Germany, Silicon Valley, and Israel.
Join us in our office in Berlin Mitte and let’s take small businesses into the digital age.
- You'll take complex business administration topics like accounting and payroll and transform the information visually easy to understand, easy to read, and easy to find.
- You set up and prepare usability testing routines by defining learning goals and target customers, recruiting test customers, preparing interview and testing scripts and tasks
- You run usability tests together with other team members from Design, Product and Engineering by preparing prototypes and moderating sessions with customers
- You facilitate workshops with Design, Product and Engineering team members to synthesize findings from user research sessions, document those findings and share them with the company
- You translate insights from user research into user flows and wireframes as well as build user interface mockups, prototypes and an information architecture.
- You set up test customer panels to streamline the recruiting process and create a continuous feedback process
- You are a passionate product designer with experience in the full process of usability testing from goal definition to moderating sessions
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in at least basic qualitative interview techniques, but ideally you have already experimented with other research methods like in-depth interviews, focus groups, tree testing, card sorting etc.
- You are able to communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by creating user flows and making compelling, UI-ready wireframes and concepts and express them in compelling visual and verbal ways
- You have experience with prototyping, at least in creating basic clickable versions, but ideally you have also designed interactive and animated prototypes
- You love big thorny problems and are able to solve them creatively and effectively down to the last detail
- You manage complexity in a way that still feels easy for the user
- You are passionate about collaborating with other teams and helping them to integrate user insights
- You are fluent in German and you have strong skills in spoken and written English
What we offer
- A fast paced environment with meaningful work
- A feedback-seeking culture that fuels personal growth
- The chance to make a major difference in our team and in our customers’ lives
- A super transparent information policy with flat hierarchies (we call this “we treat each other as adults”)
- A great, international team of people passionate about technology and small businesses
- Amazing offices in Berlin Mitte and Tel Aviv with healthy food and drinks provided—weekly Ping Pong tournament included ☺
Are you ready to start an exciting position in Berlins finest FinTech company? Then we are awaiting your application with your portfolio with interest!