Software Engineering Manager
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Who We Are
We started our company to help others launch and run their own businesses, at any stage. The way we help is by keeping it simple and supporting entrepreneurs one step at a time. Put simply: our mission is to enable anyone to start, run, and grow their business while avoiding the common pitfalls that derail hopeful entrepreneurs. No more having to wade through forms, taxes, or ongoing state compliance.
We are a remote company based in Austin, Texas. We have team members from Florida to Oregon and all points in between. Take pride in your work knowing that it shapes how people all across the country reach their goal of starting, running, and growing their businesses.
If the idea of helping people and working with a genuinely caring, supportive team excites you, then you’ve come to the right place.
ZenBusiness is seeking an Engineering Manager. In this role you will work closely with management, engineers, product owners, and designers to build and deliver new product features and enhancements that change the lives of our small business customers. You will direct, manage, and participate in the day-to-day operations of a team of highly skilled software engineers.
- As a technical leader, you will be responsible for maintaining and raising engineering and operational excellence by mentoring, coaching, working side by side and reviewing the work of your team.
- You will work closely with management, customers, design, product management, data teams, and customer support to maintain and enhance existing products as well as to develop new products in an agile environment.
- You will be responsible for leading teams through rapidly evolving complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal organizations.
- Work in an agile, data-driven environment and have true ownership of the features your teams are accountable for, from gathering requirements to delivering results to maintenance.
- Hands-on technical leader with experience designing and developing consumer-facing web applications using cutting-edge technologies.
- Create a culture of high-quality, predictable, observable code that is delivered to production.
- As a leader of high-growth talent, committed to fostering a culture of coaching, leading by example, and empowerment amidst a lean-startup (Agile) development environment, where we learn by doing with trust in our people and science to discover the optimal path to business success.
- Recruit top talent.
- Create a fun virtual environment for the team - team events, morale building, team building, and bonding activities.
- At least 2 years of managing high-performance technology teams.
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience leading teams in shipping web-based products, in partnership with product owners and designers.
- Demonstrable passion for excellent products and breathtaking customer experiences, and proven record for delivery of innovation & industry-leading products.
- Demonstrate a bias for coaching up a strong succession of talent.
- Excited about working with product owners to create a fantastic user experience.
- Ability to work independently, and focus on the right problem at the right time.
- Curious and comfortable learning new things and diving where needed.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely, and defend your ideas.
Remote Culture. A great company culture leads to happy employees, and happy employees lead to happy customers. That’s why we invest in our employees by providing them with competitive salaries and benefits, equity, and the opportunity to tackle interesting challenges that have a positive impact.
Let’s stay connected! We believe in staying connected, and we have a weekly “All Hands” meeting every week. We also have a social committee that hosts frequent events. We’ve held a virtual talent show, costume competitions, monthly lunch and learn series, Hackathons, and more!
Benefits. PTO, Company Paid Medical and Vision Coverage for Employees and Dependents, Dental, Disability, and Life Benefits, 10 Paid Holidays, Parental Leave, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance, Stock Options, Paid Parking* + more!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We believe in diversity, equity & inclusion. At ZenBusiness, every voice counts no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, location, or background. We celebrate the diversity of our teams, knowing that our products, services, and customers thrive best when we lean into and celebrate our differences.
Please check out our careers page to learn more about our culture, benefits, and open opportunities.
*applicable to in-office employees