Content Marketing Manager, SEO
Marketing – SEO /
Who We Are
We started our company to help others launch and run their own businesses, at any stage. The way we help is by keeping it simple and supporting entrepreneurs one step at a time. Put simply: our mission is to enable anyone to start, run, and grow their business while avoiding the common pitfalls that derail hopeful entrepreneurs. No more having to wade through forms, taxes, or ongoing state compliance.
We are a remote company based in Austin, Texas. We have team members from Florida to Oregon and all points in-between. Take pride in your work knowing that it shapes how people all across the country reach their goal of starting, running, and growing their businesses.
If the idea of helping people and working with a genuinely caring, supportive team excites you, then you’ve come to the right place.
ZenBusiness seeks a full-time, well-rounded Content Marketing Manager to help produce content, copy, and landing pages. You will write, edit, and develop content that helps educate small businesses on the benefits of ZenBusiness. You should have strong communication skills, keen attention to detail, and experience with SEO content strategies. This role will evolve and change. Must be willing to grow and evolve with the role, including bringing new ideas to the team to help share our message. The ideal candidate will have experience planning, managing, and implementing SEO content strategies, with an emphasis on enterprise-level SEO content at scale.
- Work with the marketing and editorial teams to identify site strategy and content plans.
- Manage internal content calendars.
- Create product specifications for our production team.
- Ensure quality control at each stage gate of production.
- Copywriting and editing as needed.
- Work with design and development teams to deploy new content products.
- Measure and test content performance against KPIs such as user engagement and keyword performance.
- 3+ years of experience in content management and creation.
- Portfolio of excellent written examples.
- Possess an aptitude for thoroughly understanding user intent and experience.
- Passion for your craft, with an appetite to continue to challenge yourself and those around you.
- A team player with a positive outlook and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- SEO experience, including familiarity with Google Analytics and AHREFs.
- Publishing experience in WordPress.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, or Communications.
- Advanced understanding of SEO content best practices and strategies.
- Strong self-management while collaborating with team members as needed
- You dream about Content Topic Clusters and SEO Silos.
- H1, H4, H2, and H3 subheadings that aren't in a proper hierarchy drive you crazy.
- Any professional Small Business experience.
- macOS and G-Workspace knowledge is a plus!
*Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.*
Remote Culture. A great company culture leads to happy employees, and happy employees lead to happy customers. That’s why we invest in our employees by providing them with competitive salaries and benefits, equity, and the opportunity to tackle interesting challenges that have a positive impact.
Let’s stay connected! We believe in staying connected, and we have a weekly “All Hands” meeting every week. We also have a social committee that hosts frequent events. We’ve held a virtual talent show, costume competitions, monthly lunch and learn series, Hackathons, and more!
Benefits. PTO, Company Paid Medical and Vision Coverage for Employees and Dependents, Dental, Disability and Life Benefits, 10 Paid Holidays, Parental Leave, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance, Stock Options, Paid Parking* + more!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We believe in diversity, equity & inclusion. At ZenBusiness, every voice counts no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, location, or background. We celebrate the diversity of our teams, knowing that our products, services, and customers thrive best when we lean into and celebrate our differences.
Please check out our careers page to learn more about our culture, benefits, and open opportunities.
*applicable to in-office employees