Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Fintech
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Who We Are
We started our company to help others launch and run their own businesses, at any stage. The way we help is by keeping it simple and supporting entrepreneurs one step at a time. Put simply: our mission is to enable anyone to start, run, and grow their business while avoiding the common pitfalls that derail hopeful entrepreneurs. No more having to wade through forms, taxes, or ongoing state compliance.
We are a remote company based in Austin, Texas. We have team members from Florida to Oregon and all points in between. Take pride in your work knowing that it shapes how people all across the country reach their goal of starting, running, and growing their businesses.
If the idea of helping people and working with a genuinely caring, supportive team excites you, then you’ve come to the right place.
ZenBusiness is seeking an experienced Financial Services Software Engineer to help our customers get paid, make payments, and manage their finances. Your experience developing, verifying, and deploying innovative software related to eCommerce, mobile wallets, cryptocurrencies, payment gateways, and providing merchant services will be challenged and enhanced here. We are PCI-DSS Level 1 certified, and we continually improve how we safely handle credit cards and other sensitive data. We work with our world-class design team to simplify the complexity of running and growing a business and give our customers opportunities to achieve their goals. You will be expected to share your expertise and experience contributing to the organization and helping others understand the concepts behind payments. We offer a business bank account and issue debit cards today. Imagine the opportunities ahead as we add merchant services to the overall experience.
This position will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and is a remote role.
- Bring and share your expertise in developing, integrating, and releasing financial products, especially from a regulatory perspective.
- Lead and participate in architectural discussions on technical topics that interest you.
- In the unique context of newly formed organizations, develop and produce innovative approaches to allow them to generate revenue.
- Apply security best practices to protect sensitive information and reduce vulnerabilities across the codebase.
- Convert complex processes into smooth operations - make technology do the work, not the user.
- Create high-quality, predictable, observable code and deliver it to the world to use.
- Deliver new product features by working iteratively with the designers, fellow engineers, and product owners to define and deliver new functionality.
- Measure the success of our financial products through instrumentation and analysis, and improve their quality; don’t let perfection be the enemy of good enough.
- Work in an agile environment where you are empowered to own the features you commit to producing, from understanding and qualifying requirements to delivering results.
- Improve customer experience by improving our customer success team’s tools and self-sufficiency.
- 8–10 years of relevant software experience.
- A passion for the customer experience and a drive to continuously improve it; you understand how to leverage cards on file and mobile payments to make it easier for our customers to get paid.
- Payments require an understanding of merchant responsibilities, and you have either identified the complexities merchants have to handle or still have found ways to simplify those complexities for a better merchant experience.
- Expertise in architectural and development best practices and experience shipping web-based, SaaS products.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely, and defend them.
- Excitement to work with designers to create a fantastic user experience.
- Intellectually curious and comfortable learning new things and diving in where needed
- Google Cloud Platform familiarity Via Domain-driven design experience delivering products for native mobile apps as well as responsive mobile Web applications through GraphQL are highly desired.
- Python/Django, ReactJS, and Node.js experience can accelerate being a valued contributor.
Remote Culture. A great company culture leads to happy employees, and happy employees lead to happy customers. That’s why we invest in our employees by providing them with competitive salaries and benefits, equity, and the opportunity to tackle interesting challenges that have a positive impact.
Let’s stay connected! We believe in staying connected, and we have a weekly “All Hands” meeting every week. We also have a social committee that hosts frequent events. We’ve held a virtual talent show, costume competitions, monthly lunch and learn series, Hackathons, and more!
Benefits. PTO, Company Paid Medical and Vision Coverage for Employees and Dependents, Dental, Disability, and Life Benefits, 10 Paid Holidays, Parental Leave, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance, Stock Options, Paid Parking* + more!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We believe in diversity, equity & inclusion. At ZenBusiness, every voice counts no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, location, or background. We celebrate the diversity of our teams, knowing that our products, services, and customers thrive best when we lean into and celebrate our differences.
Please check out our careers page to learn more about our culture, benefits, and open opportunities.
*applicable to in-office employees