Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Remote)
Engineering – Machine Learning /
Full - time
We build end-to-end AI systems, core microservices, and infrastructures by leveraging cutting-edge technologies to impact millions with personalized user experiences everyday.
We are looking for an outstanding machine learning engineer to join our team! The role will provide an opportunity to work on large scale machine learning to improve our Search, Recommendation, Speech Processing experience at Zencastr.
You’ll join a team of hardworking engineers that are passionate about understanding what drives users’ long-term happiness with Zencastr, and how our recommendations and content affects that. As an integral part of the squad, you will collaborate with research scientists, data scientists and other engineers in prototyping and productizing brand-new ML at the intersection of recommendations and long-term user satisfaction.
What You'll Do..
- Design, research and develop state-of-the-art machine learning applications and algorithms to improve the lives of podcasters and podcast listeners around the world
- Collaborate with engineering partners and colleagues in large multi-functional efforts to build new product features that advise and enrich Zencastr’s various recommendation services.
- Drive forward NLP and Recommendation capabilities within the ML team
- Work with some of the brightest minds in signal processing
If This Describes You..
- A postgraduate degree in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
- 5 + years experience in Python
- 3+ years experience in machine learning research, with a focus on recommendation systems
- 3+ years experience with NLP frameworks and training neural networks
- Significant experience with machine learning libraries like PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn
- Experience with building and operating production-ready recommendation systems
- Ability to lead design and implementation of major software components, systems, and features
- You enjoy quickly building model prototypes
- Experience with cloud technologies (Google Cloud, AWS)
- You are a self-starter who drives your own projects and builds positive relationships with partners and colleagues to solve big multi-functional efforts from start to finish. You are able to succeed with minimal mentorship and process.
Bonus points if you have:
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals from a related field
- Experience with modern speech recognition frameworks
- Good dev ops experience
- Advanced DSP experience
- MongoDB or SQL experience
- Experience with unit, integration, and load testing
- Experience building APIs
- Experience with Docker containers, Implementing Docker Containers, Container Clustering
- Experience with container orchestration technology such as Kubernetes a big plus
- 100% Remote
- We are focusing on building a connected, engaged culture regardless of where our people are located. As a Zencastr team member, you can work from anywhere that has good internet. Whether you’re an adventurer looking to travel the world while still pursuing your career, a parent or caregiver who wants a job that allows them to spend more time with family, or somewhere in between, our employees have the freedom to contribute where you do your best work.
- Paid medical
- 3 weeks of PTO plus everyone gets the day off for their birthday!
- 12 weeks 100% Paid Family Leave
- $1,500/year stipend for home office needs
- $500/year stipend for home fitness needs
- Free podcast equipment for all employees
- Employee Stock Option Plan
Great Company Culture
Being a fully remote workforce, cultivating culture is very important. We believe the key to being engaged, happy, and successful at work is having genuine relationships with your colleagues. To encourage team bonding, we have a variety of programs like: Coffee Roulette, Z-to-Z Learning, Monthly Game Nights, in-person meet-ups and much much more!