Senior Designer (Remote)
Design – Design /
Full - time
Zencastr is pioneering technologies to push the world of podcasting into the future. You will play a central role in the way we build our product, ensuring our product and its features are valuable for people, easy to use and of the highest level of craft and execution. By focusing on people and doing the simple things first, you will develop quality experiences that will impact millions with personalized user experiences everyday.
As the third product designer at Zencastr, you’ll help shape the future of our product. We care deeply about design – this means designers have influence over how things work and look across our users’ end-to-end journey with our products. We expect a broad set of design skills, and ability to create high-quality UIs, interactions and prototypes. You’ll work alongside empathetic and proven leaders with high standards for execution.
We are a fully distributed team of smart people who are passionate about changing the world one voice at a time.
What You'll Do..
- Serve the biggest names in podcasting today
- Work with other designers and product managers to ideate the best experience in podcast creation
- Research, prototype, and design user experiences based on provided product requirements across multiple digital touchpoints
- Utilize user journeys to help guide and frame your design approaches
- Influence the road map and product development working with executives and designers
- Iterate on product designs with our technical teams and work closely with them to understand all the technical functionality and constraints
If This Describes You..
- Strong understanding of mobile first UI/UX principles and patterns
- Can quickly create interactive prototypes for your mobile designs
- Work well with designing within in a grid system
- Know how to build responsive designs for multiple design types and can design for a variety of devices.
- Experience building design systems and iterating on existing design systems.
- You want to work in a fast growing startup. Which comes with the blood, sweat and tears of working to disrupt an established industry.
- Empathy for the end user. A spec is a conversation starter, as an advocate for the end user you are always thinking about how to best serve their needs.
- You Love working with Figma.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building animations with after effects
- Experience conducting user studies and user based research
- Experience working with Framer + React
- Experience working with micro UI interaction animation
- 100% Remote
- We are focusing on building a connected, engaged culture regardless of where our people are located. As a Zencastr team member, you can work from anywhere that has good internet. Whether you’re an adventurer looking to travel the world while still pursuing your career, a parent or caregiver who wants a job that allows them to spend more time with family, or somewhere in between, our employees have the freedom to contribute where you do your best work.
- Paid medical
- 3 weeks of PTO plus everyone gets the day off for their birthday!
- 12 weeks 100% Paid Family Leave
- $1,500/year stipend for home office needs
- $500/year stipend for home fitness needs
- Free podcast equipment for all employees
- Employee Stock Option Plan
Great Company Culture
Being a fully remote workforce, cultivating culture is very important. We believe the key to being engaged, happy, and successful at work is having genuine relationships with your colleagues. To encourage team bonding, we have a variety of programs like: Coffee Roulette, Z-to-Z Learning, Monthly Game Nights, in-person meet-ups and much much more!