Senior Motion Graphics Designer
Creative – 490 - Brand Design
Zendesk is looking for a Senior Motion Graphics Designer to join our Creative Brand Team. We are a vibrant, agile group of filmmakers, writers, designers and project managers responsible for representing the company and continually developing the brand.
Video is a big part of the way we market our products, educate and entertain our users, communicate internally and tell our story to the wider world, so your work will come with a variety of creative challenges and it will also have a lot of influence and visibility. You will produce commercial grade motion work, but you’ll also consult and collaborate with stakeholders and teammates to develop comprehensive creative solutions.
We need someone with strong animation skills, a great sense of timing, storytelling chops, as well as “the ability to make good decisions in ambiguous conditions, to dig deeply into the causes of problems, and to think strategically, and to be able to articulate that thinking.” - Patty McCord
Check out our work
We make all kinds of stuff including: tutorial series, ad campaigns, customer case studies, internal culture videos, product launches, and more. Also there was that time we rebranded and made a short documentary about it. Here is another recent ad campaign: https://zendesk.wistia.com/medias/oiqw4q6xlg
Video reel showcasing motion work; resume and cover letter in which you list your three favorite movies (no judgements, we promise, we just like talking about movies).
All applicants must be able to work in San Francisco.
- 5+ years professional mograph experience
- Expertise in After Effects. Competency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere
- Strong skills in fundamental animation principlesStrong design and layout sensibilities
- An unflinching acceptance that branding a customer service tools company can be fun and cool
- Strong grasp of the entire production process and how animation, sound, live action can interact
- Skills to communicate about your work and influences
- Experience making visual essays or explainer videosEnthusiasm as a collaborator and a generous spirit
- Appetite for innovation and broad knowledge of design principles, trends and technologies
- Good sense of housekeeping and best practices for production workflow
- Make awesome mograph but also act as a strategic, conceptual thinker and storyteller
- Take ownership of projects
- Work solo but also collaborate with the rest of the video team as well as designers and copywriters
- Edit your work and other’s work for legibility
- Champion the value of great design within the team
Why it’s great to work here
- Work/life balance; take what you need PTO policy
- Cool team events and offsites
- Weekly happy hours
- Professional development funds for conferences and continued education
- Open and collaborative team
- Great company culture and values: Empathy, people first.
- CSR programs, a Diversity and Inclusion department, and employee resource groups.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.