Principal Product Designer
Creative – 390 - Product Design
At Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace, to the way we gather, work, and create – design is an integral part of everyday life at Zendesk. As a product design team we believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation, and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we're looking for:
- As a principal product designer in San Francisco, you will be responsible for the evolution of Support, the flagship product for Zendesk – a beautifully simple system for tracking, prioritizing, and solving customer support requests.
- You will establish a shared vision, develop design strategies that are based off of insights of our customers, both support agents and team administrators alike.
- You will inspire the teams around you, leading by example and becoming a mentor and role model for your fellow designers.
What you get to do every day
- Lead strategic design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Work across multiple cross-functional teams, partnering Product and Engineering leaders on taking concepts from research to ideation to executionPresent design solutions to stakeholders, defend design decisions, and incorporate feedback into the design cycleIdeate with all levels of Zendesk to create products that make happier support professionals
- Work with leadership to craft, refine, and communicate design strategy and vision across the Support product team and global design organization
What you bring to the role:
- 10+ years of professional experience designing business systems and applications
- Ability to lead by example, and mentor others to deliver work
- Capable of communicating and prototyping design concepts rapidly at all levels of resolution
- An online portfolio that showcases a systems thinking approach to projects, provides detail of your role on projects, and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from start to finish
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.