Lead Product Designer
Creative – 390 - Product Design
If you are passionate about design and interested in helping us visualize the future of Zendesk, we would love to hear from you.
You will be an integral part of the product design team in EMEA working closely with other designers, product managers, engineers, UX researchers to optimise and grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation. The role is based in our brand new EMEA HQ in Dublin.
At Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace, to the way we gather, work and create - design is an integral part of everyday life at Zendesk. As a Product Design team we believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we’re looking for:
You are Design Lead with a demonstrated track record of managing the design process, communicating with stakeholders and understanding the customer voice. You collaborate with the team, inspire through conversation and design with the user in mind. You’re curious about emerging tools and technologies but you’ve also mastered your own workflow and know when to gather the appropriate inputs. You know how to build trust with colleagues and can use radical candor when it’s needed.
You possess a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in visual design as well a capacity to solve user experience challenges with simple, empathetic and honest solutions. You will be an important part of our global creative team which spans the disciplines of product design, user research, brand, UX writing and storytelling.
What you get to do everyday:
- Act as a conduit between the Product, Design and Engineering teams to solve complex interaction problems, humanize product ideas and develop these ideas into elegant application design
- Build relationships with Product Managers and Engineers to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation
- Produce and facilitate design thinking sessions
- Identify, track and build models around product metrics
- Design interaction models, wireframes and mockups that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our products
- Collaborate with the User Research team and develop research plans to strengthen design projects
- Analyse tasks, model information, navigation and flows using UX best practices for web and mobile
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Ideate with all levels of Zendesk to create products that make happier support professionals
What you bring to the role:
- BFA or similar and a minimum of 5+ years of increasing responsibility in product design within a high paced, agile software-as-a-service environments, preferably in the B2B space; including daily interactions with Product Managers and Engineers.
- Proven expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design
- Leadership skills and experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution
- Deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns
- Propensity for experimentation
- A portfolio that showcases your work, provides detail of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design deliver
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.