Software Engineering Manager
San Francisco California
As Engineering Manager at Zendrive in San Francisco you will be responsible for building web and mobile applications that enable fleet managers and drivers to improve safety. We're looking for a technical leader who is comfortable leading a team of brilliant engineers in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate is a geeky hands-on senior programmer with strong attention to detail and a vision to solve technical problems at scale.
- Lead a world-class frontend/mobile development team, and guide them to build highly functional and beautiful products that our customers come to love.
- Be responsible for hiring/mentoring of frontend/mobile engineering team members and committed to their personal/professional success. Work closely with product managers/designers to articulate product vision and roadmap. -
- Work in tandem with data/backend teams to surface actionable insights that make it easier for fleet managers to run a safe fleet.
- Strong customer focus, deep desire to learn customer workflows and making Zendrive a key component of that workflow.
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of product features and timelines.
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on experience with 5+ years in leading highly-complex, technically-challenging, cross-functional software projects.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of software engineers. Full stack development experience with specialization in building single page web applications.
- Experience in data visualization and presentation is a big plus.
- Experience with web analytics tools, performance tuning and browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with responsive mobile web and native mobile applications (Android/iOS).
- Attention to detail. Ability to work closely with designers, but also able to make independent design decisions.
Bonus points for: Experience in the Telematics space Passion for big data, machine learning and data visualization
Why join us?
We thought you'd never ask! We offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, meals on site, gym and Spotify membership, top of the line equipment and compelling early stage equity.