Data Scientist/ Senior Data Scientist
Zendrive is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our talented engineering team. As our data guru, you’ll be responsible for analyzing our large data set and making recommendations that will impact major business decisions. We’re looking for a proven technical leader that can excel in a fun, fast-moving startup environment and help us elevate the Zendrive customer experience.
Some (but not all) the stuff you’ll work on:
- Analyze a large collection of location and motion sensor data to separate signal from noise and tease out driver behavior.
- Correlate location-based trends and events with other known exogenous factors to develop new models of a complex system.
- Create A/B experiments, work with engineers to implement them, and interpret their results.
- Architect our data warehousing strategy.
- Minimum 7 years of data scientist experience, post PhD in statistics/signal processing/machine learning.
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, SAS, Matlab, or Mathematica.
- Ability to write code in at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
- Excellent communication skills -- can articulate experiment goals and methodologies clearly and communicate insights in an easily accessible way to the team.
- Experience with Python, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Big Data
- Excellent project management skills- ability to drive rapid execution without losing quality
Bonus points for:
- Passion for answering difficult questions with and deriving insights from data.
- Ability to prototype algorithms and demonstrate gains on real data.
- Prior experience with driving, social and/or risk-related applications.
- Experience with big data tools (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce) a plus.
Why join us?
We thought you'd never ask! We offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, meals on site, gym and Spotify membership, top of the line equipment and compelling early stage equity. But the real perks are:
Challenging and fun work on meaningful problems - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
World-class team of engineers and researchers who love solving tough problems.
The opportunity to work on a problem that aims to improve the lives of everyone and will make a meaningful, positive impact on the world (while building a multi-billion dollar business).
When we say Zendrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are not just adding a legal addendum. Of course, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability, but we believe that is quite a low bar. In fact, we celebrate our differences as our strength and actively work to build an inclusive environment for all. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Zendrive does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendrive employees or any other company location. Zendrive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.