A/R Accountant (New Insurance Segment)
San Francisco California
Imagine a world where every car with a smartphone is safer, where massive amounts of data and insights make cities less dangerous and reduce risks and costs for everyone. Zendrive is executing rapidly on its mission of “making all roads safer using data and analytics” and is focused on building products to support the evolution of transportation.
Zendrive is looking for an exceptional A/R Accountant who is detail oriented and passionate about learning new skills as our business evolves. The ideal candidate strives in the face of ambiguity and is constantly thinking of ways to improve operational efficiencies. Responsibilities include sending invoices to customers, posting transactions daily, and working cross functionally to stay on top of our insurance customer’s accounts. This role and will report to the Accounting Manager. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing business in a department that will grow in conjunction with the evolution of transportation technology.
This position can be based in Zendrive's San Francisco or Sacramento offices.
Responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments such as Customer Service and Solutions Engineering to calculate and confirm amounts due from all customers, carriers, insureds, brokers, and premium finance companies each month
- Post invoices, payments, and other transactions in our accounting system, including the supporting documentation
- Work with the insurance team, Accounting Manager, and external CPA firm to maintain revenue recognition schedules and tax compliance
- Send invoices, statements, and reports to our insurance customers
- Follow up with external parties as needed for payments and questions
- Serve as the liaison between the internal insurance, engineering, and accounting departments to field any questions that arise from carrier
- Play a key role with month-end close, always executing timely and accurate close procedures
- Conduct analysis to assist with monthly financial reporting
- Assist the Accounting Manager with ad hoc projects
- BS degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required
- Experience in the insurance industry, knowledge of basic coding or automation techniques, and/or Certified Public Accountant a plus
If this sounds like the next step in your career, reach out and join our team. We know that the massive problems we are solving need the best team possible, and we treat our people accordingly. We’re truly invested in our team because each employee is important. We have an education initiative to help you continue your growth, a robust benefits package to maintain the health of you and your loved ones, and an unlimited vacation policy so that you can continue to explore our fascinating world on your own terms. More than anything, you’ll be able to come to work today knowing that your work matters. Your work matters to our exceptional team, to the future of the business, and to the safety and well being of the billions of people whose lives our mission can improve.
When we say Zendrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are not just adding a legal addendum. Of course, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability, but we believe that is quite a low bar. In fact, we celebrate our differences as our strength and actively work to build an inclusive environment for all. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Zendrive does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendrive employees or any other company location. Zendrive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.