Sr. Commercial Underwriter
Are you experienced in underwriting commercial auto insurance? Do you thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced work environment? Are you excited about using data and technology to reinvent how risk is managed, measured and priced? If so, you’ll love what we’re building at Zendrive!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the responsibility for underwriting new and renewal business. The role of Senior Commercial Underwriter will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities that will contribute to profitability, growth, and account retention of an assigned book of business. This position will be based out of our Sacramento office reporting to the Commercial Underwriting Manager.
What you'll do:
- Reviews applications and financial requirements to determine risk eligibility, based on company guidelines and niche appetite.
- Apply good judgment in making sound underwriting decisions within individual underwriting authority.
- Collaborate within work group to provide feedback and make recommendations on individual risks.
- Maintain familiarity with the product, services, and priorities of target markets. This includes, but is not limited to underwriting guidelines, rating rules, insurance law, and regulations.
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships to generate additional new business opportunities and retain accounts.
- Participate in the development and improvement of underwriting guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Provide mentorship and training for junior underwriters and underwriting assistants.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5-10 years of commercial auto underwriting experience
- Experience with transportation risks required
- High-level knowledge of underwriting principles, practices, and procedures to evaluate and determine acceptability of new applications, renewals, and endorsements.
- Exceptional negotiating skills desired.
- Strong sales, marketing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems. While learning rapidly, adapting quickly to change, and manage time element situations.
- Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office / Google Suite Productivity Applications
- CPCU / ARM designation preferred
When we say Zendrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are not just adding a legal addendum. Of course, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability, but we believe that is quite a low bar. In fact, we celebrate our differences as our strength and actively work to build an inclusive environment for all. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Zendrive does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendrive employees or any other company location. Zendrive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.