Financial Reporting Analyst
San Francisco California
Imagine a world where every car with a smartphone is safer, where massive amounts of data and insights make cities less dangerous and reduce risks and costs for everyone. Zendrive is executing rapidly on its mission of “making all roads safer using data and analytics” and is focused on building products to support the evolution of transportation.
Zendrive is looking for an exceptional Financial Reporting Analyst who is detail-oriented and passionate about learning new skills as our business evolves. The ideal candidate strives in the face of ambiguity and is constantly thinking of ways to improve operational efficiencies. Responsibilities include generating various financial reports, statements, invoices and tax statements from a variety of databases to customers and business partners, posting transactions daily, and working cross-functionally to respond to inquiries and stay on top of our insurance transactions. This role will report to the Insurance VP. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing business in a team that will grow in conjunction with the evolution of transportation technology.
This position can be based in either Zendrive's San Francisco or Sacramento office.
- Insurance transaction reporting
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments such as Accounting, Customer Service and Solutions Engineering to calculate and confirm amounts due to/from all customers, insurance carriers, insureds, brokers, and premium finance companies each month
- Pull and analyze data directly from SQL database and conduct detailed mathematical analyses identifying core reasons for the premium change
- Construct customer facing presentations and detailed reports presenting findings of mathematical analyses
- Communicate presentations, reports and analysis directly to customers
- Perform quality assurance on monthly insurance transaction data feed output file before submission to insurance carriers
- Post transactions in our systems, including supporting documentation
- Send statements and loss control reports to our insurance customers, brokers, and other business partners
- Follow up with external parties as needed and respond to questions
- Serve as the liaison between the insurance team and all other internal business units to field any questions that arise
- Support regulatory and contractual compliance efforts, including audits
- Conduct analysis to assist with monthly financial reporting
- Assist the General Manager and Accounting Manager with ad hoc projects
- BS degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Actuarial Science or other technical field
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required
- Preferred: Scripting language such as R or Python
- Knowledge of basic insurance principles, practices and standards nice to have
If this sounds like the next step in your career, reach out and join our team. We know that the massive problems we are solving need the best team possible, and we treat our people accordingly. We’re truly invested in our team because each employee is important. We have an education initiative to help you continue your growth, a robust benefits package to maintain the health of you and your loved ones, and an unlimited vacation policy so that you can continue to explore our fascinating world on your own terms. More than anything, you’ll be able to come to work today knowing that your work matters. Your work matters to our exceptional team, to the future of the business, and to the safety and well being of the billions of people whose lives our mission can improve.
When we say Zendrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are not just adding a legal addendum. Of course, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability, but we believe that is quite a low bar. In fact, we celebrate our differences as our strength and actively work to build an inclusive environment for all. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Zendrive does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendrive employees or any other company location. Zendrive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.