VP, People & Culture
San Francisco California
We are seeking a VP of People & Culture to partner with our Leadership team to champion a people-focused, solutions-oriented approach that allows our entire organization to run smoothly. This position requires experience guiding Leadership through successfully navigating the complex challenges of a fast-growing global company.
We are looking for a combination of Business Partnering and Executive Coaching skills to listen, mentor, and guide strategic investment in our talent, culture, and capabilities to fuel the international growth of our business. You will strategically partner with cross-functional leaders located in multiple offices and time zones to help our team build their organizations, working closely with the Head of People Operations to scale efficiently and achieve high performance. This position is located in our San Francisco headquarters.
Your daily agenda will involve driving recruitment of amazing talent, coaching on team leadership and high performance, helping to resolving employee relations issues, and guiding internal communications to keep our global staff informed and productive. This position is a key strategic role in the company helping to grow our mission-driven business internationally while nurturing our innovative, supportive & collaborative culture.
If you are a personable, solution-oriented People leader seeking an exciting opportunity to help develop a young company into a thriving mission-driven business, this could be your dream job!
Your Impact at Zendrive
- Serve as a strategic business partner and People advisor to our Leadership team
- Be a close confidant and mentor to the C-suite, helping to drive our culture forward and solidify our values in everything we do as we rapidly scale
- Lead organizational design and help guide and implement strategic growth decisions with proactive change management techniques
- Coordinate the development of global compensation, talent management, and total reward strategies for Zendrive employees to ensure the attraction and retention of specialized talent
- Identify potential People issues which may affect the company’s ability to meet its business goals; consult, advise, coach and partner with functional leaders on risks and mitigation
- Lead an efficient international recruiting program to attract diverse high-qualified candidates
- Design and manage L&D programs and to continually provide all employees continual professional learning opportunities
- Handle Employee Relations issues (including conflict resolution, performance improvements, risk mitigation) and implement appropriate measures to provide employees the opportunity to succeed
- Facilitate healthy feedback across the organization to continually improve
- Provide a framework for reasonably supporting various Employee Resource Groups
- Inspire peers to consistently collaborate on creative ideas for bonding, learning, and socializing opportunities
- Nurture a global culture leveraging traditions from our San Francisco and Bangalore offices
- Facilitate internal communications & group meetings between Leadership and staff
What You Bring to Zendrive
- Senior People leadership experience in a fast-growing globally-distributed startup
- Change management techniques to achieve high employee engagement during fast-paced organizational development
- Organizational and problem solving skills, ability to deal with ambiguous situations
- Experiencing hiring & on-boarding in diverse locations around the globe
- Experience providing training to managers and leadership
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, savvy with strong personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills so that you can clearly articulate not just the “what” but the “why” of our People policies and approach
- Great communication skills with the ability to effectively build relationships at all levels by establishing trust and credibility, facilitate interactions, and resolve conflicts
- Passion for creating inclusive and respectful workplaces
- Unquestioned integrity with the ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with the highest level of discretion and judgment
When we say Zendrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are not just adding a legal addendum. Of course, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability, but we believe that is quite a low bar. In fact, we celebrate our differences as our strength and actively work to build an inclusive environment for all. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Zendrive does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendrive employees or any other company location. Zendrive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.