Business Operations Manager
San Francisco California
Imagine a world where every car with a smartphone is safer, where massive amounts of data and insights make cities safer and reduce insurance costs for everyone. The Zendrive mission is to make all roads safe using data and analytics, and we are focused on building products to support the evolution of transportation.
If you are passionate about transportation and leaving a meaningful impact on the world; if you believe that the mobile revolution together with machine learning and big data can help transform industries that are lagging behind-- you will love what we do at Zendrive.
The Business Operations Manager will report to Zendrive’s VP of Insurance and have responsibility for identifying and driving strategic and operational projects. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter who wants to have a tangible impact on a rapidly growing, mission-driven startup.
What you'll do
- Conduct data-driven strategic analysis including modeling, quantification and prioritization.
- Define and track success metrics and KPIs to help manage performance and drive operational rigor.
- Analyze current tools and usage, research best practices for rapidly scaling companies, and implement business growth optimization products and systems.
- Special projects: Drive follow through for critical initiatives from concept to execution. Identify opportunities for improvement and lead projects with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
What you bring
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting and/or a strategy & operations role at a fast-growing tech startup.
- Critical thinking. You have the aptitude for structuring complex business problems and translating into analyses and recommendations to inform decision making.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- Exceptional communication skills. You can move seamlessly between conversing with engineers or frontline employees and leading presentations with senior executives.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to build effective working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.
- Experience with SaaS / Insurance / Transportation companies is a plus.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, reach out and join our team. We know that the massive problems we are solving need the best team possible, and we treat our people accordingly. We’re truly invested in our team because each employee is important. We have an education initiative to help you continue your growth, a robust benefits package to maintain the health of you and your loved ones, and an unlimited vacation policy so that you can continue to explore our fascinating world on your own terms. More than anything, you’ll be able to come to work today knowing that your work matters. Your work matters to our exceptional team, to the future of the business, and to the safety and well being of the billions of people whose lives our mission can improve.
When we say Zendrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are not just adding a legal addendum. Of course, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability, but we believe that is quite a low bar. In fact, we celebrate our differences as our strength and actively work to build an inclusive environment for all. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Zendrive does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendrive employees or any other company location. Zendrive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.