Sales Development Representative- Ed Tech
School Success /
Location: London (Oval), United Kingdom
Working hours are expected to be:
8AM - 5PM (During the School Year)
9AM - 4PM (During Summer School Holidays)
Salary: 28-31K OTE
Zen is revolutionising education. Schools spend over £2bn a year on agency staff, and £600m of that goes straight into the pockets of recruitment agencies. That’s why we’ve built an alternative.
Our online platform gives schools instant access to hundreds of profiles of fully vetted teachers and support staff. Since launching in 2017, we’ve saved schools over £10m – money that goes straight back into school budgets and increases teachers’ pay.
This is your chance to join a tech startup in hypergrowth. We’re passionate about professional development, and we’ll work to maximise your personal and career growth.
We're looking for enthusiastic, mission-driven people who fit our values and are passionate about what we do. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job description.
Who we are looking for
- We want you to bring enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn. We will give you all the training and tools that you need to succeed!
- Someone passionate and motivated, who loves being a part of a close team
- Proven track record of hitting sales targets
- Confident in developing outbound pipelines and handling objections
- Growth mindset — dedicated to growing your skills as a professional
- Passion for companies that have a positive social impact and the education sector
- Strong bias to action
What you'll be doing
· Generate introductions to new schools that would benefit from Zen Educate’s offering
· Lead school leaders through successful onboarding process using a consultative approach
· Support school marketing efforts
· Work collaboratively with the sales, operations, and technology team to continuously improve efficiency in delivering value to schools.
· Get your hands dirty. Like any true start-up, no two weeks will be the same and a general interest in ‘mucking in’ and just getting the job done is crucial
Experience & Qualifications Required
· Strong interest in sales
· Interest in the UK state education sector
What's in it for you?
- Work that you want to talk about
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company
- 25 days of holiday
- Central London office with perks like fresh fruit, yoga classes, bike parking, showers and an on-site gym and café
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- 1-1 coaching
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Electric Car Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Diversity and Inclusion
At Zen, we strive to build a culture of equity and inclusion, where everyone is respected, valued and appreciated for their unique traits, experiences and perspectives. We are committed to creating a safe, inclusive and equitable environment where our team can thrive, regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, disability, religion or beliefs. We value our differences and believe that practices of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion help us create a fairer, more compassionate environment for all.
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and different experiences and perspectives — just like the staff who teach through Zen and the children at the schools we work with. We believe in hiring the best people from the widest pool and creating an inclusive culture where people’s voices are heard and all our team can look forward to coming to work.
We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and promoting an equitable and inclusive environment for all. We seek out diverse opinions, beliefs, and experiences because they collectively make us stronger; we’ve had former teachers, pilots, fundraisers, engineers, lawyers, marketers, social media experts and more join our team.