Paris, FR /
Design – Art /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to. Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t. We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
🤓What's the role about?
We are looking for someone to lead art direction to help us shape the future of maps at Zenly. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with an expert team of engineers driven by a unique mission. This role will be pivotal in building the next generation of maps; maps that are truly unique to each person and that reflect the true character of your world.
🎨What you'll do as an Art Director:
- Lead the art direction of maps at Zenly, working closely with the engineering team to bring our users world to life
- Ensure visuals are produced to a world class level with the commitment to enhance Zenly's user experience
- Recruit a team of talented 3D and visual artists to bring your vision to reality
- Responsible for the quality of the art your team produces. You will shepherd the full design lifecycle; concept, exploration, production, implementation and iteration
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other artists & designers on the team, as well as reviews and critiques for external artists, studios and agencies
- Working with the engineering team, help guide creative and engine-efficient solutions to ensure assets are as performant as they are delightful
- Set a clear direction for other artists to follow using numerous artifacts including design bibles, concept art, mood boards and production benchmarks
- Alongside Product Designers, help craft exciting new features to bring people closer to their friends and family
🌟What skills and experience will make you thrive:
- Experience working on art direction in a game studio, having worked on at least one released game title
- Excellent understanding of art fundamentals including light, shape, colour and texture
- Strong knowledge of processes, pipelines and best practices of art production
- Proven experience mentoring a team of artists and designers
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
- Good mastering of all graphic tools, both 2D (Photoshop, Illustrator) and 3D (3ds Max, Blender, Unity, Unreal, Maya...)
🤩Nice to have:
- Worked alongside engineers to optomise 3D assets for mobile devices
- Experience teaching and coaching other members of the team
- Familiarity with Zenly - our map, art style, features and community
😎What to expect:
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Build a product that brings people closer to their friends and family
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris.
We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé.
We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌