Software Engineer, Full Stack
Paris, FR /
Engineering – Engineering /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to.
Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t.
We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
🤓What's the role about?
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a taste for Frontend development. In this position you will be working as a part of the “Bubbles” team and you will be driving the design and implementation of the tools that enable Zenly to serve millions of users all over the world 🚀.
You will be in charge of the architecture/maintenance and addition of several modules required to support our daily growth.
🚀What will you be doing as a Fullstack Engineer:
- Own our back office: Core feature used on a daily basis by staff members with plenty of functionalities among which : managing end-users issues with first level diagnosis, managing known places, advanced statistics visualisation of our user base etc. The stack is composed of a Single Page Application written in TypeScript / React / Redux and consumes APIs either in REST or in GraphQL on our backend services.
- Own Cerberus: a tailor-made tool used by our Care team to handle the relationships with our users. Part of that responsibility involves ensuring user safety helping the dedicated 20+ people team worldwide in charge of the management of IBRs (Inappropriate Behavior Reports). This tool allows them to interact and react fast when users are reporting inappropriate behaviors on Zenly. You will be the owner of that tool built using TypeScript / nodeJS / GraphQL / PostgreSQL / Docker.
🌟What type of skills and experience matters to us for the job:
- A track record on delivering front-end code as well as significant backend components (ideally using Go or Rust)
- You are autonomous, able to work in a high throughput environment and have a strong empathy towards end-users
- Ability to integrate software components in existing systems while understanding and keeping in mind the big picture
😎What you can expect:
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Participate in building a product with positive incentives
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris. We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé.
We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌