Software Engineer, iOS
Paris, FR /
Engineering – Engineering /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to. Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t. We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
🤓 What's the role about?
As an iOS Engineer you will work in a long-lived dedicated team/squad alongside contributors of all disciplines (Backend, Design, iOS, Product, Scientists, QA). You and your team will be responsible for an overall company goal and will work together at defining the roadmap that will lead to the most impact.
Currently, iOS Engineers are working in teams like Conversation, Growth, App Platform and Maps to quote only non-internal team names 🙂
Zenly is written mainly in Swift but also quite uniquely in Go (we embed a shared library written in Go that deals with stuff like data synchronization, Network transport and cross-os app feature backends like the Chat or the Location pipeline). We only support iOS 11+ 😁
We make extensive usage of RxSwift in structural parts of the app like (lifecycle bound tasks, scheduling, multi-threading, reactive UI model, automated tracing) and have a fair number of internal frameworks built on top of it.
Last but not least, we try to push Zenly to the edge of the devices capabilities and had much fun making non traditional heavy UI experiences and animations on iOS, sometimes heavily tweaking or going beyond what the system normally provides.
🚀 What you will do as an iOS Engineer:
- Work as part of a long-lived team, together help define and reach objectives that have an impact on the trajectory of Zenly.
- Participate in the elaboration and delivery of your team's roadmap.
- Work closely with our product and design peers to craft the best experience possible for the iOS platform.
- Focus on Zenly UI/UX principles to build industry leading standards (smooth transitions, one-handed interactions)
- Deliver well-architected products with high bar for UX craft and engineering quality
- Focus on performance and optimization to ensure what we build works seamlessly on multiple iOS devices and in low connectivity areas
🌟What skills & experiences matter for the job:
- Building iOS apps in ObjC/Swift + std libs with strong knowledge of the iOS SDK.
- Crafting elaborate UI interactions
- Solving UI performance issues
- Dealing with somewhat complex multithreading problems
- Digging in large code bases and API design
- Extensible software design (plugins architecture, API design, DDD)
😎What to expect:
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Build a product that brings people closer to their friends and family
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris.
We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)