User Safety Engineer
Paris, FR /
Engineering – Users and Safety /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to. Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t. We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
🤓What's the role about?
Zenly is designed to interact with friends and family. A large portion of our user base is composed of teenagers and young adults. We have a moral duty to ensure that the usage of our social network is strictly done through appropriate behaviors and stays as pleasant and safe as possible.
In order to achieve that outcome we’ve built a back office tool managing the inappropriate behavior reports. That system is used by a dedicated team but the process as whole is still very manual and we want to drastically improve our safety mechanisms by creating an automated analysis system. It would cover soft real time analysis to handle live traffic on the platform but also batch analysis for historical data processing. Which means analyzing video, pictures and text content but also uncovering behavioral patterns in order to predict potential inappropriate behaviors.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to take the responsibility of building the whole analysis system and ensure our user safety in a proactive manner.
🚀What will you do as a User Safety Engineer:
- Be responsible for the whole vision & implementation of our proactive means of detection
- Act as a local product manager, an architect but also a strong individual contributor who will assess / implement most of the work to be done
- Establish a MVP approach where we’re able to build incrementally the solution
- Find the right balance between a buy vs build approach regarding what we want to analyse
- Interconnect with already existing systems
- Support our scale & growth (x4 in a year, x20 in 2 years)
- Improve the solution on a daily basis
Your core challenges will be to :
🌟What type of experience matters for the job:
- You’ve got a track record in delivering critical systems with plenty of interconnexions
- You’ve got a deep sense of what user safety meaning, while still considering privacy as the highest priority for our users
- You are already familiar with large volume data processing, video / picture analysis, NLP
- You are a continuous learner, you aim at building the most efficient solutions in your daily work and always reassess the performance of the systems you build
😎What to expect:
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Build a product that brings people closer to their friends and family
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris.
We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)