Paris, FR /
Design – Art /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to. Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t. We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
🤓What's the role about?
We are looking for a seasoned 3D Artist to help us shape the future of maps at Zenly. Working closely with the Art and Product teams, the 3D Artist will bring the Zenly map to life. This role will be pivotal in building the next generation of maps; maps that are truly unique to each person and that reflect the true character of your world.
🎨What you'll do as a 3D Artist:
- Create high and low polygon 3D models for use across Zenly set to specific technical and aesthetic guidelines
- Produce 3D models off your own designs or those of another artist
- Work alongside the wider art team to ensure 3D assets align with the art direction of the project
- Proficiency in art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, design and colour theory
- Drive the development of 3D Style Guides and Process Guides
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to create and develop new products for Zenly
- Problem solve any technical limitations and issues using creative solutions
- Give thorough direction and deliver timely, clear feedback to fellow artists, designers and partners
- Work alongside fellow artists and studio partners to produce a vast catalogue of 3D assets
🌟What skills and experience will make you thrive:
- Experience producing 3D models for games, mobile apps, or other real-time 3D related products
- Portfolio showcasing ability to create high quality 3D models, including an understanding of how to produce assets which are optomised, performant and bug-free
- Well versed with modelling in 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or other tools
- Ability to adapt to different art styles
- Good sense of game design and "game feel"
- Be able to clearly convey, with as few shapes as possible, what a model is supposed to represent
- Flexible with technology and open to changing your workflow to fit the team
🤩Nice to have:
- Experience with animating and rigging 3D models
- Production of 3D assets for at least one released game title
- Performant 3D modelling for mobile games
- Solid art skills - drawing or digital painting
- Familiarity with Zenly - our map, art style, features and community
😎 What to expect:
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Build a product that brings people closer to their friends and family
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris. We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé.
We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌