3D Environment Artist
Paris, FR /
Design – Art /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to. Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t. We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
🤓What's the role about?
We are looking for a seasoned 3D Environment Artist to help us shape the future of maps at Zenly. This is a great opportunity to join forces with an expert team of engineers driven by a unique mission.
This role will be pivotal in building the next generation of maps; maps that are truly unique to each person and that reflect the true character of your world.
🎨What you'll do as a 3D Environment Artist:
- Collaborate closely with both the art, design and engineering team to refine a unique map style for Zenly
- Quickly concept, prototype and evaluate different visual directions
- Own the look and feel of the map from materials to shaders, respecting technical constraints and mobile performance considerations
- Ability to critique implemented environments and assets on the map, and make improvements when needed
- Communicate environment considerations to the wider art team to ensure 3D asset production is aligned
- Design a range of 3D models (props, POIs) to bring the environments you have developed to life
- Ability to take technical art direction, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Review and provide technical feedback to other 3D artists
🌟What skills and experience will make you thrive:
- 3+ years as an Environment Artist in a gaming company or studio, having worked on one released game title
- A portfolio that showcases high-quality environments and props
- Strong artistic ability to visualise environments with limited concept art or direction
- A good eye for light, shape, and colour, when texturing and rendering an environment
- Solid knowledge of key graphic tools including 3ds Max, Photoshop and Blender
- Ability to create 3D models, optomised for mobile devices
- Experience working alongside engineers to find creative artistic solutions to technical problems
🤩Nice to have:
- Experience working on maps, map based products or a demonstrable interest in map design
- Successful track record working on mobile games
- Animation experience
- Experience with procedural generation techniques
- Familiarity with Zenly - our map, art style, features and community
😎 What to expect:
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, along smart people
- Participate in building a product with positive incentives
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris.
We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé.
We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌