Paris, FR /
Engineering – Growth /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to.
Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t.
We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
As a hands-on Engineering Manager for the Growth team, you will join a fun, diverse and effective group of software engineers, data analysts, product managers and designers dedicated to cracking new growth opportunities either through experiments and variations within the existing product scope or by building entirely new experiences for our new users.
You should be motivated by delivering ambitious projects to end users often pushing the boundaries of traditional technical approaches. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers having deeper expertise than you have and thrive to learn as well as contributing to their learning development.
You will be given all the necessary means to accomplish yours and the team's goals.
What you'll do
- Lead a multi-discipline team of engineers working on full-stack projects in a fast-paced, quick-to-market environment with wide impact on millions of users at every iteration.
- Partner with your PM in setting the team’s strategy, planning and managing product roadmaps then translating product requirements into technical designs and iterative delivery at high standards.
- Hire and recruit engineers in order to keep effective and high bar staffing requirements.
- Own the technical perimeter of the squad in both technical and operational excellence, not afraid to cope with both short and long term technical strategy.
- Part of the time will be spent contributing to the projects and the team's efforts.
- Mentor engineers and help cultivate their career aspirations.
What kind of projects you’ll be working on?
- Build and test experiments to improve specific metrics like Virality or Friending KPIs: often short term data-driven experiments but sometimes more complex feature-based funnel additions and optimizations like optimizing how users can invite each other and making this a smooth and delightful experience.
- Build features targeting directly Growth: often fully-featured new functionalities, very visual and centric to the core product of Zenly like the content browsing feature of Zenly accessible when tapping the map button.
- Optimize the onboarding and the user’s early experience
- Optimize the friending across the app
- Build and run A/B tests across the application
- Optimize the experimentation system
- 6+ years of experience working in Software Engineering
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing teams of high performing software engineers
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
- Experience hiring and recruiting engineers of various specialties.
- Experience with shipping iterative user-facing systems, especially at a large scale
- Experience in A/B testing, especially at large scale
- Strong appeal for Software Design
Technologies we use and teach
- Kotlin + RxJava on Android
- Swift + RxSwift on iOS
- Go and Rust on the backend (We do Go on mobile as well)
- ScyllaDB (C++ drop-in replacement for Cassandra), PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers and Bazel
What to expect
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, along smart people
- Participate in building a product with positive incentives
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris. We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris.
Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it. Language classes: Japanese, French, and English
Health & Wellness
100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partnerIn addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family-Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)Nursery/Day Care support.For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural lightPet-friendly office 🐕Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
Regular drinks and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)
PS: We are more interested in your experiences from past and current projects than your résumé. We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team ;)