Lead Full Stack Web Developer
Paris, FR /
Engineering – Engineering /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to.
Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t.
We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
🤓What's the role about?
We’re looking for a Lead Full Stack Web Developer to join our Webapp team in our HQ in Paris, France.
As a member of our Webapp team, you will use your creativity and eye for design – along with your technical knowledge – to develop and maintain a robust Web version of Zenly. Help us build the perfect fun & easy Zenly Web experience and allow millions of users to expand opportunities to stay connected with their friends and family. Join us to build our users' world on the Web and help us bring them closer to their people.
In this role, you will partner with the web app product manager and the technical team to deliver robust and compelling user-facing products, to assure the final UI implementation matches the prototype and visual design mockups, and to develop and update a living design style guide with reusable components and code snippets of the Web version of Zenly.
🚀What will you do
- Own the technical stack for our Webapp
- Meet both technical and user needs
- Partner with a world-class product team to help grow our existing Webapp into a product that all our users will love
- Help on hire and recruit engineers to keep effective and high bar staffing requirements
- Improve performance of the Webapp
- Improve the chatting experience of our users
- Improve a unique map for our WebappHelp design effective user interactions
- Ensure excellent user experience and responsiveness in our webapp
🌟What type of experience matters for the job
- Experience with developing front-end applications
- Knowledge of application development lifecycle (testing, delivering, maintenance, refactoring, bugs fix)
- ReactJS and TypeScript experience
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience with Jest, React Testing Library, and testing React Components in large applications
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines (Buildkite, GitHub Actions, etc.)
- Knowledge in rust and go (Backend)
- Knowledge in grpc and event sourcing is a real plus
😎 What to expect
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Build a product that brings people closer to their friends and family
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris. We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé.
We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌