Paris, FR /
Engineering – Growth /
Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to.
Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t.
We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.
😎 What's the role about?
Our priority is to focus on virality: understand our users behaviors and usage of the app, focus on less engaged groups in order to increase our growth.
This person will join the Data insights team, in a context where we are building the team and have the ambition to better serve our stakeholders and continuously understand our growth levers to drive strategic decisions.
We need more bandwidth to be excellent at what we are committing to. We have the ambition to drive best in class experiment analyses, but also to help Zenly extract the data that will improve our understanding of our users and our product.
What it means to be a Data Analyst at Zenly, within the Data Insights team?
The Data Insights team should be seen as the main data provider for breaking down and understanding our growth model, the best in class for providing insights and visualisations based on data and the hub for testing, understanding and improving any aspect of the Zenly app.
🚀What will you do as a Data Analyst?
- Design and run analysis to better understand our users virality and growth model. This includes using statistics to extract insights but also building data visualisations through a data viz tool and/or python
- Participate in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of AB testing experiments
- Perform in-depth analysis on experimental and observational data to understand user behavior, interpret the findings and communicate the learnings to the rest of the organization
- Develop new statistical approaches, experimentation methodologies to improve the growth cycle/process
- Support the marketing team and provide insights on past paid campaigns as well as strategic advice based on data.
🌟What type of experience matters for the job
- 4-6 years experience working with large data sets and turning complex data into actionable insights
- Experience with statistics, A/B test principles and methodologies for controlled experiments
- Strong knowledge of SQL to manipulate and analyze relational databases
- Ability to translate data into easy-to-understand reports
- Performance driven and willing to take action quickly
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
😎What to expect
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Build a product that brings people closer to their friends and family
👋Wait! there is more?
We take great pride in our spacious, fun and light-filled office in the Bastille area of Paris. We want to make everyone at Zenly as comfortable as possible, here’s an overview of what an offer at Zenly comes with:
- Competitive compensation, including RSUs for every permanent employee (this means free Snap shares)
- Relocation and visa procedures support. We cover all expenses associated with the move and obtaining your visa (if applicable). We’ll even help you find somewhere to call home in Paris
- Lots of vacation: between 30 and 35 paid days off not including bank holidays
- Allowance boost: in addition to your base salary, we offer a monthly international phone allowance (€95), a monthly well-being allowance (€75), and a monthly lunch allowance (€352)
- 100% reimbursement of your public transportation subscription
- Everything you need to grow in your role and accelerate your learning and development: from the millions of books in our office, to online courses, to coaching. The list is always growing and you can help shape it.
- Language classes (Japanese, French, and English)
• Health & Wellness:
- 100% coverage of your health insurance for you and your partner
- In addition to the best healthcare system in the world, we offer additional medical, dental and optical insurance for you and your family
- Weekly yoga and meditation classes (in the office or via Zoom)
- Parental leave: between 16 and 26 weeks for new parents (including adoption)
- Nursery/Day Care support. For a smooth transition upon returning to work after your parental leave, we’ve partnered with a nursery/day care organisation to ensure a spot for Zenly parents during the year
- Rest and fun areas: chill zone, ping pong table, climbing wall, green atrium, LOTS of natural light
- Pet-friendly office 🐕
- Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, bread, fruit, etc.) everyday :)
• Fun: regular drinks, and trips abroad every year with the whole team (French Alps, Sicily, Majorca, Marrakesh)
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé.
We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌