Account Supervisor, Corporate PR
New York /
Corporate – Corporate Reputation /
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking an experienced Account Supervisor to support and lead clients with corporate assignments. You will collaborate within the team, provide sound counsel and recommendations to clients, and drive results inclusive of traditional and emerging public relations tactics. You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of your accounts – their business, products, markets, and industry influencers.
The Account Supervisor will work closely with senior-level team members to implement reputation management programs for Zeno clients across the U.S. In addition, the role will include new business proposal development and presentations, as well as the opportunity to contribute to the intellectual capital for the firm. You will be responsible for managing the overall quality on projects and accounts, as well as adherence to budgets. You will work as part of a team on a variety of accounts, in industry sectors such as consumer, technology, professional services and business-to-business, but will be expected to be comfortable leading projects and directing and mentoring staff when appropriate.
You will succeed at Zeno if you are confident, resourceful, tenacious, have an understanding of traditional and non-traditional PR tactics and the media landscape, and drive great results for clients while building strong relationships with your clients and your team.
- Provide strategic counsel and guidance to clients, as well as to colleagues in the Zeno network, to ensure success
- Be the point person for the client & the internal team, making sure everyone is in the loop and is on task
- Execute national business media relations strategy for programs/projects
- Assist with maintaining financial responsibility for accounts
- Assist in developing media relations strategy and conduct outreach for programs/projects
- Understand key client industry issues relating to products, product categories, technologies, primary and potential competition and general issues facing the industry
- Understand key competitors and their business strategies
- Work across geographies and help shape direction and focus of practice
- Mentor junior team members
- Manage up, keeping senior team members in the loop and bringing needs to their attention
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or an exception required under applicable law
- At least 5 years of experience in PR; agency experience preferred
- Must have a strong background in corporate communications and solid corporate media relations contacts
- Must possess exceptional writing skills across a wide variety of client deliverables – including communications plans, pitches, bylined articles, blogs, etc.
- Must have experience developing strategic plans and high-level deliverables that are client-ready and thoughtful
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of reputation management and a working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional media. Proven success in building relationships with members of the media, and driving results for clients
- Strong presentation skills, with experience working directly with clients and actively participating in client meetings and new business presentations
- Collaborative spirit, results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically, creatively and holistically about client programs, fearless in presenting a point of view in brainstorms
Pay range: $65,000 to $94,000/year USD
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
#LI-KI1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
Zeno Group is the fiercely independent and global integrated communications agency, born from PR. We bring together the boldest and brightest talent to help clients across industries and sectors unleash the power of strategic communications. Guided by our ‘Fearless Pursuit of the Unexpected,’ we push the boundaries to achieve real business value and societal impact for clients. Winner of the industry’s most coveted awards including the 2021 PRovoke Global Creative Agency of the Year, 2021 PRovoke North American Agency of the Year and 2021 PRWeek Agency of the Year. We are honored to be a three-time winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. Zeno has also been previously recognized by the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Zeno is a DJE Holdings Company.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
Healthy, happy employees make Zeno better, so we have programs that support physical, mental and financial wellness. Our culture and benefits are designed to promote flexibility, celebrate diversity and support work/life balance. We offer a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance with prescription plans, as well as short and long-term disability. Our Be Kind to Your Mind program focuses on mental health, providing a paid subscription to Headspace and access to mental health providers and other services through a best-in-class employee assistance program. Employees are encouraged to bring their authentic self to Zeno and participate in our employee resource groups which build communities for sharing and support. And while we love our work, we believe in the restorative power of time off with generous vacation, paid holidays and self-care time. Employees are supported in their pursuit of financial wellness with a 401(k) plan, pretax flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, life insurance and free access to a certified financial coach. And our unique ZenoFit program provides a monthly allowance to fund activities in your personal life that bring you joy and keep you healthy. These and other benefits are available to non-temporary employees in the US.