New Business Broker (Remote First)
Sales – Sales /
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
At Zensurance, we pride ourselves on the seamless customer experience we strive to deliver daily. We are looking for a sales-driven New Business Broker to join our growing Commerical team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a client-centered sales professional, who holds themselves to the highest standards and aligns their success with that of the customer.
Reporting to the Team Lead, New Business, you will act as the first point of contact with new prospects with the goal of making them new clients. We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Note: There is no cold calling or prospecting required!
- Continually engage leads provided to you by Zensurance to convert requests for insurance into customers.
- Evaluate the needs of prospective clients to make recommendations on coverages.
- Provide continuous support from quote to sale to ensure a seamless client experience within set timelines.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of our insurance products and educate clients on their policy coverages and needs.
- Recommend operational changes to our processes to support further improvement of the overall customer experience.
- Connect with external stakeholders (underwriters, insurance companies).
- Work as part of the team to achieve shared goals.
- Provide weekly flow updates to enhance programs and pricing.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- RIBO license or provincial license equivalent required.
- 1-5 years experience within an insurance sales role, commercial lines experience preferred.
- Able to communicate complicated concepts and break them down into simpler terms.
- Passion for sales and client experience.
- Persistence and agility to meet set targets.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple clients at a time.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.