Technical Support Engineer
Zentail's mission is to make e-commerce simple. We are a fast-growing technology company based in Columbia, MD. Our software platform is the central operating system for leading retailers and brands, making it easy to sell on major shopping sites including Amazon, Facebook, eBay, Google, Walmart.com and Jet.com.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for Zentail platform from front to back and delivering detailed knowledge and expertise to Zentail’s diverse customer base. Speaking directly to clients over the phone, in chat, email, and through webinars will be everyday tasks. Other duties include working with the Success and Onboarding teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
Tenacity, ownership, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing, exciting software environment are the key skills needed to excel in this position. If making an impact every day is important to you, and you enjoy tackling new challenges, you will love working at Zentail. High-performing individuals will be expected and encouraged to take on leadership and management roles as the company grows. Proving your Zentailian knowledge and skills will create the opportunity for you to develop your own path and move into higher-level roles within either the Success or the Onboarding teams of the company.
- Zentail is a rapidly-growing start-up in an exciting industry.
- This is an opportunity to be an early member of an expanding and diverse team. As the company grows, more leadership positions will become available.
- We believe in growth through autonomy. You will be in a position to own your success and have a direct impact on the direction of the company.
- We believe in having fun and enjoying our work.
- Zentail has high standards for quality in every facet of the company. This includes building an industry-leading product, best-in-class support, and developing motivated, intelligent people.
- Helping a diverse and dynamic customer base learn how to make the most out of Zentail.
- Deeply understanding an ever-changing software ecosystem, as well as understanding the goals and learning styles of Zentail customers.
- Training new Zentail customers and existing Zentail customers via webinars, articles, and phone conferences.
- Leveraging instructional design best practices to create and implement software training programs.
- Supporting customers via phone, chat, and email - as well as demonstrating comfort and expertise in troubleshooting a vast array of software-related issues.
- Clearly and concisely relaying customer issues and feedback, along with your own ideas to improve the platform, to the Zentail development team.
- You will be responsible for regularly improving and refining the processes that you are involved in and are expected to take on new roles as the team at Zentail grows.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Thick skin and a positive attitude
- Strong technical understanding of how websites and information systems work
- Service and team-oriented: empathetic, respectful
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Driven, consistent, efficient, willing to go the extra mile, and constantly learning
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (written, oral)
- Teaching and/or training experience
- Excel proficiency
- $50,000 to $60,000 base salary
- Stock Options
- Full Health Benefits
- Semi-annual review for promotion
- Opportunities to work in other areas of the company (i.e. sales, marketing, training, onboarding)