Technical Support Engineer
Zentail's mission is to make e-commerce simple. Backed by a new round of funding, we are the fastest growing ecommerce automation platform in the United States. Our software makes it easy for brands and retailers to centrally manage product information, listings, inventory, pricing, orders and fulfillment on major online shopping sites including Amazon, Google, Facebook, Walmart, Jet, eBay, Shopify and BigCommerce.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for learning the Zentail platform from front to back and delivering detailed knowledge and expertise to Zentail’s diverse customer base. Speaking directly to clients over the phone, in chat, email, and through webinars will be everyday tasks. Other duties include working with the Success and Onboarding teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
Tenacity, ownership, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing, exciting software environment are the key skills needed to excel in this position. If making an impact every day is important to you, and you enjoy tackling new challenges, you will love working at Zentail. High-performing individuals will be expected and encouraged to take on leadership and management roles as the company grows. Proving your Zentailian knowledge and skills will create the opportunity for you to develop your own path and move into higher-level roles within either the Success or the Onboarding teams of the company.
In this role, you will:
- Help a diverse and dynamic customer base learn how to make the most out of Zentail.
- Develop a deep understanding of an ever-changing software ecosystem, as well as understand the goals and learning styles of Zentail customers.
- Train new Zentail customers and existing customers via webinars, articles, and phone conferences.
- Support customers via phone, chat, and email - as well as demonstrate comfort and expertise in troubleshooting a vast array of software-related issues.
- Clearly and concisely relay customer issues and feedback, along with your own ideas to improve the platform, to the Zentail product team.
- You will be responsible for regularly improving and refining the processes that you are involved in and are expected to take on new roles as the team at Zentail grows.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Thick skin and a positive attitude
- Strong technical understanding of how websites and information systems work
- Service and team-oriented: empathetic, respectful
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Driven, consistent, efficient, willing to go the extra mile, and constantly learning
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (written, oral)
- Experience in the e-commerce industry is strongly preferred
- Teaching and/or training experience
- Excel proficiency
Would be nice to have:
Zentail comes with benefits:
- $50,000 to $70,000 base salary
- Stock Options
- Full Health Benefits -- 100% paid premiums!
- 401k plan with company matching
- Weekly company lunches and Monday morning bagels
- Quarterly team events
- Flexible paid time off
- Unlimited snacks, coffee and sparkling water to keep you energized
- Choice of Mac or PC, as well as a standing desk
- Office is centrally located between Baltimore and Washington DC for easy commuting
- A rare chance to make an immediate impact and rise through the ranks of a fast-growing technology company
Career Path and Development:
- Entry position: Technical Support Engineer (Level 1) -- learn ecommerce workflows and Zentail's software and integration ecosystem.
- 3 - 12 months: Technical Support Engineer (Level 2) -- master Zentail's software and technical nuances.
- 6 - 12 months: opportunity for promotion to Implementation Specialist where you will work with new Zentail clients on the initial Zentail software implementation.
- 12+ months: opportunity to transfer to Customer Success team, where you can specialize in driving Zentail feature adoption, reducing churn and upselling.
- Zentail is a merit-driven organization: members of our team have risen from entry-level positions to senior executive positions.