Business Development Representative
Sales & Marketing
We believe great people build great companies. Zentail's mission is to make commerce simple. Backed by a new round of funding, we are the fastest growing commerce operations management platform in the United States. Our software makes it easy for brands and retailers to centrally manage product information, listings, inventory, pricing, orders and fulfillment on major online shopping sites including Amazon, Google, Facebook, Walmart, Jet, eBay, Shopify and BigCommerce. We are building the operating system for commerce.
Zentail's sales team is looking to capitalize on our industry-leading position and momentum by growing our team of Business Development Representatives. This position is critical to our growth strategy.
We are looking for recent college grads who want to jumpstart their career through enterprise sales and business development. Did you know over 25% of S&P 500 CEOs come from sales backgrounds? Mastering sales and business development at a fast growing company early in your career will amplify your career trajectory.
As Business Development Representative (BDR), you will quarterback our Account-Based Sales Development (ABSD) playbook by prospecting target accounts, identifying key stakeholders across the account and crafting thoughtful phone and email outreach with the ultimate goal of scheduling discovery calls for our Account Executives.
This person knows how to connect with people and ask questions that uncover pain points and opportunities. This person is genuinely curious about the prospect's business and is a self-starter.
Competitiveness, confidence, thick skin, strong organizational and follow-up skills are key.
In this role, you will:
- Meet weekly with the sales manager (company founder)
- Participate in weekly sales trainings
- Strategicly prospect target customers and identify decision makers and influencers
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline
- Maintain a steady volume of activity including outbound calls, tailored emails, and social networking
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Set appointments with warm handoff to our Account Executives
What you'll need to be successful:
- Passion, competitive drive, curiosity
- Adaptability and resourcefulness
- Ability to understand complex operational workflows
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven, positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritize, stay organized, and manage time effectively
- Bachelor's degree
Would be nice to have:
- Account-Based Sales Development experience
- Software sales experience
- Proven track record of success building qualified pipeline (prospecting + appointment setting)
- Inside sales experience
- Ecommerce experience
- CRM experience
- Enterprise prospecting experience
- Degree in Business
- Base salary: $50,000
- On-target earnings: $75,000+
- Aggressive commission accelerator
Zentail comes with benefits:
- Stock Options
- Full Health Benefits -- 100% paid premiums!
- 401k plan with company matching
- Weekly company lunches and Monday morning bagels
- Quarterly team events
- Flexible paid time off
- Unlimited snacks, coffee and sparkling water to keep you energized
- Choice of Mac or PC, as well as a standing desk
- Office is centrally located between Baltimore and Washington DC for easy commuting
- A rare chance to make an immediate impact and rise through the ranks of a fast-growing technology company
Clear Career Path and Development:
- Entry-level position: Business Development Representative
- 12 - 18 Months: opportunity for promotion to Senior Business Development Representative and Junior Account Executive
- 24 Months: opportunity for promotion to Manager level
- Flexible Career Exploration: opportunity to apply to transfer to our Marketing, Customer Success and Implementation teams.
- Zentail is a merit-driven organization: members of our team have risen from entry-level positions to senior executive positions. Exceptional performance will be recognized and rewarded with accelerated eligibility for promotion.
Give us a call!
If you're interested in this opportunity, call 443-267-2269. If you do not receive an answer, be sure to leave a voicemail to introduce yourself -- tell us as much about yourself as possible in 1 minute.
Be sure to submit your application as well!