Legal Manager - Data Protection (m/f/d)
Berlin Area, Germany /
Zeotap is a Customer Intelligence Platform (CIP) that helps companies better understand their customers and predict behaviors, to invest in more meaningful experiences. We enable brands to build on a nucleus of first-party data to win new customers and grow their loyal base. Our independent but seamlessly integrated modules include customer data unification, identity resolution, enrichment, analytics/modeling (including in data clean rooms), and activation to 100+ partners in the marketing ecosystem.
Recognized by Gartner as a "Cool Vendor" (2020) and by AdExchanger as the “Best Data-Enabling Technology” (2019), our platform meets the highest enterprise data privacy and security standards, including GDPR, ISO 27001 and CSA STAR. We serve the world's top brands, agencies and publishers across a dozen countries in Europe, North and Latin America, and APAC. Zeotap is also the founding member of ID+, a universal marketing ID initiative.
- Support the global legal team in day-to-day privacy-related questions
- Review, draft and negotiate data processing agreements and other related legal documents
- Research on legal framework in our key markets with focus on US and Europe
- Drive projects in the domain of privacy (with the focus on GDPR and ePrivacy) and work with leading external law companies in this domain
- Review proposed product changes from the perspective of privacy compliance
- Review internal documentation to ensure compliance with privacy laws
- Gain insights into a technology and data company leading in the domain of privacy and data security
- You adhere to zeotap’s company, privacy and information security policies and procedures. You complete all the awareness trainings assigned on time
- At least 1-2 years of experience (in a law firm or in-house), preferably related to privacy law
- Bachelor or Master in international, European or US law
- Proficiency in English and another European language (preferably German or French)
- Excellent legal analysis and research skills
- Strong interest in recent developments of Internet-related privacy laws and policies
- Strong knowledge about data protection laws (with a focus on the US and Europe)
What do we offer?
- Join the company founded by successful entrepreneurs with a distinguished track record
- Join a legal team that won the "Legal500" award in 2018!
- Be at the heart of the rapidly changing and growing data industry
- Gain international experience by working with our international clients and colleagues
- Get the opportunity to look into a broad variety of business fields to expand your knowledge and skill set
- Become part of a diverse team that values trustworthiness, agility, and a pioneer spirit
- Enjoy a steep learning curve, a great team spirit and flexible working hours
- Make impact: at zeotap, your voice is heard, your opinion matters, your ideas change things
- Get to know your co-workers less formally in our regular team events
- Enjoy competitive remuneration and an attractive benefits package
Zeotap welcomes all – we are equal employment opportunity & affirmative action employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in joining us?
We look forward to hearing from you!