Head of Legal (m/f/d)
Berlin, Germany /
Europe – Legal /
- You will operate as the Head of Legal for Zeotap at a global level, leading and coaching the Legal team on all legal aspects at Zeotap, with special focus in our GDPR strategy and its day-to-day compliance, thereby driving a central pillar of our competitive advantage
- You oversee all aspects related to contractual relationships with our clients and partners by setting up and constantly developing our commercial B2B agreements, licensing and data processing contracts
- You develop a high understanding of our business to support our Enterprise strategy in negotiations by covering other party questions and drafting, revising, and negotiating commercial contracts
- You support internal functions with legal questions (incl. investor relations, HR, Finance, Marketing)
- You maintain an open view on the related technology and business models, and highlight legal / privacy risks whenever appropriate
- You liaise with external DPO and manage projects and relationships with external counsel specialized in the field of privacy, as well as well-known privacy organizations
- You serve as the data privacy focal point to the Zeotap team regarding all privacy related issues
- You collaborate with the information security team to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance
- You maintain current knowledge of privacy laws and regulations across the Zeotap markets
- Admitted to practice law in Germany (2.Staatsexamen)
- Alternatively, you are admitted to practice law in another EU member state or the UK
- 7+ years of professional experience in law firms or as legal counsel in an inhouse role, preferably in the tech industry
- Experience in leading / coaching a team of legal experts is appreciated
- International work experience or study program desired
- Experience in commercial contracts, with profound knowledge and work experience about data privacy and data protection laws (with focus on GDPR)
- Highly advanced (or native) English skills (is a must have) to review and script legal text.
- Fluency in German and/or other EU languages is a plus.
- Highly structured, self-driven, and result-oriented way of working
- Precise written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals
- Excellent service and communication towards clients and partners
- Readiness to continuously research and learn about privacy
What do we offer?
- Join the company founded by successful entrepreneurs with a distinguished track record
- Be at the heart of the rapidly changing and growing data industry
- Gain international experience by working with our international clients and colleagues
- Get the opportunity to look into a broad variety of business fields to expand your knowledge and skill set
- Become part of a diverse team that values trustworthiness, adaptability, and a pioneer spirit
- Enjoy a steep learning curve, a great team spirit and flexible working hours
- Make impact: at Zeotap, your voice is heard, your opinion matters, your ideas change things
- Get to know your co-workers less formally in our regular team events
- Enjoy competitive remuneration and an attractive benefits package
Zeotap welcomes all – we are equal employment opportunity & affirmative action employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in joining us?
We look forward to hearing from you!