Software Engineer, Web App
As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
As a Software Engineer on the Web app team, you will build the next generation of Zeplin’s Web application, engineering for performance across browsers while delighting users by making the best Web software we can imagine. 🙃
- Being a self-starter by identifying areas that need improvement, all the way from resolving a performance issue to tweaking a UI animation
- Migrating the front-end to a modern architecture
- Learning and utilizing new Web technologies and practices rigorously
- Answering daily questions from users, collaborating with Support Engineers to investigate and solve support issues
- Knowledge of Zeplin and passion for the product
- Care for quality of user experience, as much as quality of code
- Keen eye for application performance and cross-browser compatibility aspects
- Strong problem solving ability
- Clear and positive communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Strong understanding of the whole web stack
- Experience building interactive web applications
Zeplin is a connected space for product teams where they can share designs, generate specs, assets and code snippets. In just 3 years, we’ve reached over 2 million users from thousands of product teams, including Airbnb, Dropbox, Pinterest, Microsoft and many many more. We’re a Y Combinator startup, also backed by amazing investors like Elad Gil, Mike Maples, Kevin Hale. We’re a small, distributed crew with offices in San Francisco, Istanbul and London, UK.
Zeplin started at one small piece of the product development cycle. In fact, designers and engineers interact at every single point from idea, all the way to production. Our goal is to help with all the issues that a product team might face in this process.