Software Engineer, Developer Experience
San Francisco, CA
As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
The release of Zeplin extensions was our first step into making Zeplin more extensible. Now, we’d love to help our users automate and improve their workflow integrating their preferred tools and processes with Zeplin. As an engineer on the Developer Experience crew, you will be building the very first generation of Zeplin’s developer platform, which allows third party tools/partners to fully integrate with Zeplin through a public API, webhooks, and extensions.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and reliable public API
- Extend capabilities of the extensions API
- Collaborate closely with the product crew to work on new features for Zeplin’s developer platform from ideation to launch
- Advocate for developers internally and collaborate with the rest of the crew to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the developer ecosystem
- Support developer community by creating and maintaining documentation, tools, code samples
- Drive growth in the number of developers building apps and integrations on Zeplin
- Knowledge of Zeplin and passion for the product
- Solid understanding of how web works
- Care for quality of developer experience, as much as quality of code
- Ability to empathize with engineers from different backgrounds (Backend, Web, Mobile and so on)
- Clear and positive communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Experience in building public APIs or SDKs
- Experience in maintaining open source projects
- Familiar and have experimented with the latest API standards/technologies
- Experience in designing and building safe and reliable highly available distributed systems
Zeplin is a connected space for product teams where they can share designs, generate specs, assets and code snippets. In just 3 years, we’ve reached over 2 million users from thousands of product teams, including Airbnb, Dropbox, Pinterest, Microsoft and many many more. We’re a Y Combinator startup, also backed by amazing investors like Elad Gil, Mike Maples, Kevin Hale. We’re a small, distributed crew with offices in San Francisco, Istanbul and London, UK.
Zeplin started at one small piece of the product development cycle. In fact, designers and engineers interact at every single point from idea, all the way to production. Our goal is to help with all the issues that a product team might face in this process.