Desktop and Mobile UI Developer
Cincinnati, OH /
Engineering Team /
ZeroTier is a successful startup backed by leading venture capital investors including Bonfire Ventures, Anorak Ventures and First In Capital. Our mission is to directly connect the world’s devices and enable a new era of decentralized computing. We’re gearing up for the next generation of the ZeroTier platform, and we want to make certain our software is intuitive for our users.
Reporting to the Director of Service Engineering, the UI Developer role is responsible for the design and development of front-end experiences which meet the needs of our users. You will regularly meet with the design team to discuss application features, create mockups, and develop/support the code for final design.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional who is curious about new and emerging digital technology and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
While this is a remote role located anywhere in the continental United States, preference will be shown to qualified candidates in or near ZeroTier’s operating hubs in Ohio and California. We encourage you to apply for this position if you feel you are a match, regardless of location.
- Conduct research and deconstruct our users' digital interactions and habits
- Develop UI engineering strategies based on our target goals
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups
- Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary
- 5+ years’ experience as a front-end developer for desktop or mobile platforms
- Proficiency with least one major desktop UI toolkit or environment such as .NET/Xaml, Qt, GTK, etc., or with Android or iOS native UI development in Java, Swift, or Objective C
- BA/BS degree in CS/CE or demonstrably equivalent skill and experience
- Demonstrable proficiency in implementing user interfaces that are attractive, intuitive, and easy to use
- Demonstrable understanding of user interface design guidelines, principles, and ergonomics
- Ability and willingness to learn new languages, frameworks, APIs, and operating systems
- Ability to grasp the higher-level conceptual purpose and vision of a product and design accordingly
- Ability to work well on a team with graphic designers and UI designers as well as with developers working on other parts of the software stack
- Remote work
- Equity compensation package
- Generous employer-paid health insurance, including preventative dental care for adults
- 401K Plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexible work hours (subject to manager approval)
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Career Enhancement Funds
- Employee Referral Bonus
ZeroTier develops software that automatically handles the complexities of networking across physical network boundaries, dealing with mobility and unifying cloud & edge to free customers from spending time building their projects and focus on running their business. Our network virtualization technology delivers the power of enterprise software-defined networking to every device, service, and application whether it’s located at the edge or in the cloud. It’s capable enough for large businesses with complex networking needs but easy enough that tens of thousands of regular people use it to do simple things like play games online or connect to their home PC from their mobile device. We work to solve the hard technical problems underlying decentralized application development so you can deliver applications that offer a positive low-friction user experience while avoiding the cost, liability, and security/privacy impact of a large highly involved cloud presence.
ZeroTier was founded by Adam Ierymenko in 2015. The company’s network virtualization software is used by millions of users all over the world.
For more information about us please visit our website at www.zerotier.com
PLEASE NOTE: Individuals seeking employment at ZeroTier are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift. Written CV’s and Cover Letters are encouraged. No calls please.