Business Development Representative (BDR)
Burbank, CA /
Business Development Representatives (BDR) are professionals that drive the demand for our market-leading cloud solutions. Ideal candidates should be eager to demonstrate their ability to be sales-driven self-starters. Our BDR's are responsible for prospecting activities, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunities.
This is a joint effort integrating the work of marketing and sales in an effort to rapidly increase the volume and improve the quality of new business for Zest AI.
This is a great opportunity to gain foundational knowledge in software sales within the FinTech industry; while accelerating your sales career. Our BDR's are collaborating closely with sales & marketing to continue to build an exceptional department and drive a standard of excellence as we continue our growth.
In this role you will:
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop contacts to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Work closely with the Sales team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, and pipeline generation to strategically create opportunities within identified accounts
- Interact with prospects via phone and email
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through cold discovery calls and email campaigns
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system and provide metrics on leads
We are looking for:
- Experience in a B2B sales environment
- Strong time management skills
- Polished, self-driven, highly motivated team player with excellent problem solving skills
- Superb organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- The highest level of integrity
- Sales training and Salesforce.com experience a plus
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Weekly company wide “all hands” meetings
- Virtual weekly happy hours, sometimes casual and other times with a focus around topics like racial discrimination and LGBTQ+ history
- Employee care packages to make WFH more enjoyable
About Zest AI:
Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Our Model Management System helps lenders make better decisions and better loans—increasing revenue, reducing risk, and automating compliance. Our mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the industry. Using Zest-built machine learning software, financial institutions can dramatically expand credit access to deserving people with no added risk. Learn more at Zest.ai and connect with us on Twitter @Zest_AI or our Insights blog.
Zest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages professionals from underrepresented groups in technology and financial services to apply.
Please review our CCPA Policy with regard to applicant and employee personal information here.