Senior Data Scientist
Burbank, CA /
Data Science /
Data Scientists at Zest AI use the power of machine learning to build models and optimize software tools that our customers depend on in order to meet the financial needs of people around the world. By leveraging a combination of machine learning and vast amounts of data points, we seek to challenge the traditional credit scoring model, while expanding our proprietary AI-explainability technology across the fintech industry.
In this role you will:
- Translate unstructured business problems into well-defined machine learning projects
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and Business Analysts to identify and manage high leverage opportunities for modeling work
- Design and implement highly generalizable models for predicting various outcomes
- Take responsibility for modeling implementation in real world settings to solve real world problems
- Mentor junior team members in modeling artistry
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience doing ML work, either in financial services or a B2B SaaS-technology company
- Masters Degree in a quantitative discipline; PhD degrees preferred
- Expert experience designing, developing, and implementing machine learning models/algorithms
- Extensive programming experience in R or Python and an interest in learning new languages and technologies
- Knowledge of data structures and parallelization
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Weekly companywide “all hands” meetings
- Virtual weekly happy hours, sometimes casual and other times with a focus around topics like racial discrimination and LGBTQ+ history
- Employee care packages to make WFH more enjoyable
About Zest AI:
Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Our Model Management System helps lenders make better decisions and better loans—increasing revenue, reducing risk, and automating compliance. Our mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the industry. Using Zest-built machine learning software, financial institutions can dramatically expand credit access to deserving people with no added risk. Learn more at Zest.ai and connect with us on Twitter @Zest_AI or our Insights blog.
Zest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages professionals from underrepresented groups in technology and financial services to apply.
Please review our CCPA Policy with regard to applicant and employee personal information here.