Lead Data Architect/Engineer
Burbank, CA /
Data Engineers at Zest AI will own the data analytics pipeline and create systems that seamlessly integrate with our machine learning platform. We seek engineers that have experience designing, creating, and maintaining enterprise-grade data warehouses to evolve our data architecture, which supports our growth as we scale.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement robust end-to-end ETL pipelines
- Architect and develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse
- Create and manage ETL data pipelines (sourcing data from databases, streaming data, various web APIs, etc.)
- Integrate data from data warehouse into 3rd party tools to make data actionable
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to the data pipeline
- Ensure data quality through automated testing
- Collaborate with analysts, engineers and business users to design solutions
- Research innovative technologies and make continuous improvements
- Work with our Data Science, Product and Business Analytics teams to define requirements, design and build the next generation of our product roadmap features
- Identify and evangelize programming best practices with the Data Engineering and Modeling teams
- Work closely with Analysis to ensure quality & availability of data in the Data Warehouse along with support of our Business Intelligence platform
We are looking for:
- Minimum 4 years as a Data Engineer designing, developing and maintaining enterprise-grade data warehouse solutions consisting of structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency with building data pipelines using ETL/data preparation tools
- Experience with web APIs and data integrations across internal and external systems
- Knowledge of Python, Java or other modern languages
- Experience Apache technologies such as Flink and Kafka
- Good understanding of database architecture and best practices
- Understanding of data science and machine learning technologies a plus
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Weekly company wide “all hands” meetings
- Virtual weekly happy hours, sometimes casual and other times with a focus around topics like racial discrimination and LGBTQ+ history
- Employee care packages to make WFH more enjoyable
About Zest AI:
Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Our Model Management System helps lenders make better decisions and better loans—increasing revenue, reducing risk, and automating compliance. Our mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the industry. Using Zest-built machine learning software, financial institutions can dramatically expand credit access to deserving people with no added risk. Learn more at Zest.ai and connect with us on Twitter @Zest_AI or our Insights blog.
Zest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages professionals from underrepresented groups in technology and financial services to apply.
Please review our CCPA Policy with regard to applicant and employee personal information here.