Senior Software Engineer
Burbank, CA /
We’re seeking (back-end) Software Engineers that share the same passion in building enterprise-level web services, that integrate with cutting edge machine learning technologies. We're a mission driven organization collectively challenging the traditional financial lending landscape; and we're seeking like-minded engineers to join our initiative!
You will be joining a team of highly-skilled Software Engineers and Data Scientists, where your software design and systems development contributions will impact our clients businesses by +$100M in ROI. This hands-on position will empower opportunities to collaborate with technical teams across our organization to deliver on features while reinforcing engineering best practices.
We are a language agnostic company that does not require you to have experience with specific technologies. Here at Zest AI, we prioritize intuition and seek like-minded engineers who can learn quickly so we can adapt to customer requirements and take advantage of new technologies as they change!
In this role you will:
- Mentor and collaborate with other Software Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver high-quality code, code reviews
- Innovate technical design and systems architecture across services and applications
- Establish and reinforce engineering best practices and company culture
- Participate in the hiring process to grow our engineering team with an ever-rising quality bar
- Partner with the Product team to define, deliver and implement new features to our evolving product roadmap
- Deliver highly scalable business-critical systems
- Improve team efficiency and productivity by advising process improvement ideas
We are looking for:
- Experience in a senior software engineering or architecture role – delivering business critical software to B2B SaaS enterprises
- Hands-on coding experience in Python, Java, C/C++ or other OOP languages
- Experience designing API’s adhering to the REST architecture style
- +5 years of full stack or back end engineering experience in a production environment
- Established CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest!
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Transparency – weekly company wide “all hands” meetings discussing anything and everything that impact our business
- Virtual weekly happy hours, sometimes casual and other times with a focus around topics like racial discrimination and LGBTQ+ history
- Employee care packages to make WFH more enjoyable
About Zest AI:
Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Our Model Management System helps lenders make better decisions and better loans—increasing revenue, reducing risk, and automating compliance. Our mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the industry. Using Zest-built machine learning software, financial institutions can dramatically expand credit access to deserving people with no added risk. Learn more at Zest.ai and connect with us on Twitter @Zest_AI or our Insights blog.
Zest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages professionals from underrepresented groups in technology and financial services to apply.
Please review our CCPA Policy with regard to applicant and employee personal information here.