Senior Data Scientist
Burbank, CA /
Data Science /
Data Scientists at Zest AI use the power of machine learning to build models and optimize software tools that our customers depend on in order to meet the financial needs of people around the world. By leveraging a combination of machine learning and vast amounts of data points, we seek to challenge the traditional credit scoring model, while expanding our proprietary AI-explainability technology across the fintech industry.
In this role you will:
- Translate unstructured business problems into well-defined machine learning projects
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and Business Analysts to identify and manage high leverage opportunities for modeling work
- Design and implement highly generalizable models for predicting various outcomes. Incorporate and develop learnings back into the product for continuous improvement opportunities
- Build demos, guidance documentation, and assist with training to help others become more proficient
- Take responsibility for modeling implementation in real world settings. This may include creating experiments and developing prototypes, with the goal of returning practical value to our customers
We are looking for:
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, etc.) with hands-on experience of 3 years or more – experience in financial services is a plus!
- Strong fundamentals in programming, statistics, mathematics, and ML algorithms (neural networks, tree-based methods, optimizers, super/unsupervised learning, feature engineering, etc.)
- Expert experience designing, developing, and implementing machine learning models/algorithms. Familiar with implementing and developing/extending ML/AI frameworks (TensorFlow, XGBoost, Scikit-learn, etc.)
- Good development awareness regarding memory, disk I/O, and CPU/GPU management. Experience with modular/modern software design practices strongly preferred, in addition to experience with Python
- Passionate about ML/AI and how it can improve on the world
Perks and benefits:
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Weekly companywide “all hands” meetings
- Virtual weekly happy hours, sometimes casual and other times with a focus around topics like racial discrimination and LGBTQ+ history
- Employee care packages to make WFH more enjoyable
About Zest AI:
Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Our Model Management System helps lenders make better decisions and better loans—increasing revenue, reducing risk, and automating compliance. Our mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the industry. Using Zest-built machine learning software, financial institutions can dramatically expand credit access to deserving people with no added risk. Learn more at Zest.ai and connect with us on Twitter @Zest_AI or our Insights blog.
Zest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages professionals from underrepresented groups in technology and financial services to apply.